Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Control (Demo Deal)
Building on the success of the MC2.1, the Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Controller is just as accurate and transparent and of the same build quality. It can still faithfully reproduce what has been recorded without coloring the sound, but comes with a much expanded feature set, including more inputs, better control, extended channel routing and a desk top 'wedge' form factor.
Additions include a combined digital AES/SPDIF (24 bit/192kHz) input, giving a total of 5 individually switchable sources, including a front panel auxiliary input with level control for the easy connection of your mp3 player, smartphone or tablet. Full cue mix facilities, with level control, provide separate source selection for main or cue outputs and the two headphone amplifiers, so the artist can listen to a completely different mix to the engineer, for example. A dedicated cue mix output is also available.
A secondary preset volume control on the front provides repeatable calibrated output level for the monitors, so that at the flick of a switch the engineer can hear the mix at the same predetermined volume, time after time, without having to meticulously adjust controls.
The MC3.1 incorporates three stereo balanced speaker outputs, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output each with individual left/right trims under the unit to provide complete control over level matching. Furthermore each can be switched individually and simultaneously and in any order. You can listen to multiple speakers with the same sub-woofer, or turn the sub-woofer off altogether.
Other improvements include additional mix checking capabilities, which now incorporate low, mid, high solo switches to hear how the lows bleed into the mid, or the stereo width of each, for example, and also the ability to swap the left and right channels. The talkback has been expanded to include an external mic in addition to the internal, and foot switch operation.
Can you trust the audio that your current monitor controller is providing? Is it coloring the sound? For all Drawmer monitor controllers it is imperative that what you record is exactly what you hear. The active circuit has been designed to faithfully produce the audio signal whilst removing many of the problems that a passive circuit will bring. There is one thing that should always be absolutely guaranteed - that you can rely on the accuracy of your monitor controller.
- Ultra low noise and transparent circuit design
- Source switches for both Main & Cue can be active in any combination - 5 Inputs in Total - 1 x Digital AES/SPDIF Neutrik XLR/JACK COMBI & 2 balanced analog Neutrik XLR/JACK COMBI and 1 stereo RCA analog on the rear panel & 1 3.5 mm front panel aux
- 3 x speakers plus a mono sub can be switched individually & simultaneously or give A/B comparisons - each has level trims to provide precise channel matching
- Timed relay protection on all speaker outputs to prevent power up/down bangs
- Volume can be set via the variable front panel knob or a preset control - each has paralleled custom quad pots for excellent channel matching and smooth feel
- 2 x headphone amplifiers with individual level controls & switching between main & cue inputs so the artist can listen to a different mix to the engineer
- Front Panel 3.5 mm aux input & level control for connecting MP3 player, smartphone or tablet etc.
- Cue level control adjusts the volume for the artist's monitors
- Built-in talkback with level control, internal or external microphone- switching via desktop or foot switch, a mono output jack & internal routing to headphone and cue outputs
- Comprehensive mix checking facilities Including Low, Mid, High Solo; Dim; L/R Mute; Phase Reverse and more, help check every aspect of your mix & provide ultimate control
- Desktop 'wedge' form factor
- Kensington security slot (also called a K-Slot or Kensington lock)
- Rugged steel chassis and stylish brushed aluminum cover
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Input Connectors||3.5 mm TS, RCA, XLR Combo|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Drawmer MC3.1 Monitor Control (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields