Drawmer MC2.1 Desktop Monitor Controller
Monitor controller with talkback, four inputs with three stereo balanced speaker outputs, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output each with individual left/right trims under the unit to provide complete control over level matching
It is imperative that what you record is exactly what you hear - this is the philosophy that is at the heart of the design of the MC2.1 Desktop Monitor Controller. With the Drawmer MC2.1 Monitor Controller incorporated into your system you combine the clarity, fidelity and transparency of the highest quality monitoring circuit with the complexity of a host of mix checking features. It is versatile and intuitive, but above everything else, where the Drawmer MC2.1 excels is in its accuracy and ability to faithfully reproduce what has been recorded.
The MC2.1 incorporates four inputs with three stereo balanced speaker outputs, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output each with individual left/right trims under the unit to provide complete control over level matching. The active circuit has been designed to faithfully produce the audio signal whilst removing many of the problems that a passive circuit will bring. In addition, it has a host of mix checking features not often found on other controllers, such as individual left/right cut, as well as two separate headphone amplifiers and a talkback facility, making the MC2.1 a true engineers tool.
Whether you’re mastering a CD and DVD, recording, checking a mix for balance and e.q, doing A-B comparisons, plus a multitude of other tasks, you’ll have spent weeks designing the perfect studio environment and a fortune on active speakers, dynamics processors, various microphone and preamplifier combinations as well as a whole room full other gear, one thing is for sure - a monitor controller is central to every recording setup and probably the most important element of the entire signal chain - providing the ‘reference’ listening signal that enables the user to achieve the optimal mic placements, the perfect balance and EQ etc. There is one thing that should always be absolutely guaranteed - that you can rely on the accuracy of your monitor controller.
- Ultra low noise and transparent circuit design
- Linear power supply with low hum toroidal transformer and internal voltage selector switch
- 3 stereo balanced speaker outputs, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output. All have individual left & right trims under the unit to provide complete control over level matching
- Timed relay protection on all speaker outputs to prevent power up/down bangs
- Comprehensive mix checking facilities including Left/Right Cut, Phase Reverse, Mono, Dim, Mute
- Paralleled custom quad pots on main and headphone level controls for excellent channel matching and smooth feel
- Four inputs including balanced Neutrik XLR, balanced Neutrik XLR/JACK COMBI, and shared aux phono or 3.5mm jack
- Two headphone amplifiers with individual level controls
- Built in talk back microphone with level control, mono output jack and internal headphone routing
- Rugged steel chassis and stylish brushed aluminum cover
- Can be stacked and is rack mountable (with a 2U mounting kit)
|Unit Weight||5.5 lb|
|Input Connectors||3.5 mm TRS, RCA, Analog XLR, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
This does what it says it will do, and what it is supposed to do. I own or have owned Dangerous Music, Source and Monitor ST and they all are of equal quality and close for "bang for Buck". The Drawmer MC2.1 comes in for less money.
Works as it should and sounds great. Or more accurately, doesn’t have a “sound”.
All switches and whatnot feel solid.
Couldn’t be happier!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Drawmer MC2.1 Desktop Monitor Controller.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields