Drawmer CMC3 Compact Monitoring Controller (Demo Deal)
The Drawmer CMC3 Compact Monitor Controller consolidates the feature sets of Drawmer's 3 most popular monitor controllers: Whilst retaining the famed accurate, and transparent audio quality of the MC2.1, it has the precision and control of the MC3.1 and the low profile, compact design of the CMC2. It is equally at home in a serious home studio as in a professional recording facility.
There is one thing that should always be absolutely guaranteed - that you can rely on the accuracy of your monitor controller. Can you trust the audio that your current monitor controller is providing? Is it coloring the sound? There are far to many monitor controllers available that do in one way or another - Drawmer monitor controllers do not flavor, color, warm, improve or brighten the signal, the active circuit has been designed to faithfully produce the audio signal whilst removing many of the problems that a passive circuit will bring. For all Drawmer monitor controllers it is imperative that what you record is exactly what you hear.
Accurate & Transparent
With the same Drawmer pedigree as the MC2.1, the CMC3 circuit is just as transparent and accurate. It has been designed to remove the limitations that a passive circuit brings, such as the ability to increase the volume for quiet passages and improved mix checking, without adding the artifacts that lesser quality active circuits introduce. You hear exactly what you've recorded!
The CMC3 supports 3 sets of stereo monitors, plus a dedicated mono speaker/sub-woofer output, each can be switched individually and simultaneously and in any order, especially useful for A/B comparisons. You can listen to multiple speakers with the same sub-woofer, or turn the sub-woofer off altogether.
The volume control utilizes a paralleled custom quad pot for excellent channel matching and smooth feel, as does the secondary preset volume control on the front. This provides repeatable calibrated output level for the monitors, so that at the flick of a switch the engineer can hear the mix at the same predetermined volume, time after time, without having to meticulously adjust controls.
The CMC3 is very well connected with 4 stereo inputs in total: 1x SPDIF digital input (24-bit/192 kHz), using the same DAC chipset as our established MC3.1 monitor controller, 2 stereo balanced jack inputs, plus a 3.5 mm jack with variable level control for your Smartphone/MP3 Player.
In addition, it has a 2 professional quality headphone outputs with a separate amplifier and level control, that provide the same audio quality and mix checking as the CMC3 does through the speakers. Talkback is also included with internal or external microphone, level control and audio routing to a dedicated mono output jack & headphones.
Advanced Mix Checking
The comprehensive mix checking facilities of the CMC3 include dim, mono, phase reverse, left and right cut as well as an easy access mute switch, allowing you to check the quality of your recordings: tune into your mix to hear any unwanted artifacts, test the effectiveness of the stereo mix, check for phase cancellation, listen to the stereo difference. Features that many monitor controllers lack.
Compact, Tough and Secure
The CMC3 packs a lot of features into a small unit. The whole package is presented in a very low profile desktop enclosure of just 3.5c m high with a footprint of 27x16 cm (10.5” x 6.5” x 1.4”). Whilst being smart and stylish the rugged, all steel enclosure will withstand the knocks and bumps of the studio, and, coupled with the high quality components used, the CMC3 is built to last. In addition, a Kensington security slot provides protection from thieves.
- Ultra low noise and transparent circuit design
- Source switches can be active in any combination. 4 Inputs in Total - 1x Digital SPDIF (192 kHz/24-bit) & 2 on balanced analog 1/4" jacks & 1 3.5 mm Front Panel Aux jack for your Smartphone/MP3
- 3x Speakers Plus a Mono Sub can be switched individually & simultaneously or give A/B comparisons
- Timed relay protection on all speaker outputs to prevent power up/down bangs
- Volume can be set via the Variable Front Panel Knob or a Preset Control. Each has paralleled custom quad pots for excellent channel matching and smooth feel
- 2x Headphone Amplifiers with Individual Level Controls with easy access to the jacks on the front
- Front Panel 3.5 mm AUX Input & Level Control for connecting MP3 player, smartphone or tablet etc
- Built In Talkback with Level Control, Internal or External Microphone, and Internal Routing to a Mono Output Jack & Headphones
- Comprehensive Mix Checking facilities Include Dim, Phase Reverse and Mono, Left and Right Cut as well as an easy access Mute switch
- Kensington security slot (also called a K-Slot or Kensington lock)
- Very low profile desktop enclosure with a footprint of just 18 x 16 cm
- Stylish and Rugged Enclosure will withstand the knocks of the studio
- Designed and manufactured by Drawmer in the UK
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Digital RCA|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Drawmer CMC3 Compact Monitoring Controller (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields