Drawmer 1961 Two-Channel Tube Parametric EQ
It has long been recognized that vacuum tubes impart a unique 'warmth' and 'musicality' to an audio signal, but many of the 'classic' tube equalizer fall short of the technical performance demanded in today's digital recording age.
Designed to complement the widely acclaimed Drawmer 1960 Mic Pre-Amp Vacuum Tube Compressor, the Drawmer 1961 Vacuum Tube Equalizer combines low noise circuitry with no fewer than twelve active tube stages to provide two channels of exceptiona equalization possessing unique 'personality'. Rather than employ a continuously variable resistor as a means of frequency control, the 1961 utilizes the same rotary 'step' switching system used in vintage designs. This enables the component values for each frequency band to be optimized for uncompromising performance across the entire audio spectrum and also makes setting up more accurate, particularly when treating stereo signals.
The design of the 1961 allows the user to control the amount of 'warmth' by deciding how hard to drive the tubes giving a sound as 'clean' as the best discrete solid state designs or as 'hot' as the 'hottest' classic tube designs. The 1961 and 1960 Can be 'interlinked' to provide, in effect, a two channel vacuum tube mixing console, - the perfect mastering or post audio 'sweetening' tool.
Facilities available on the 1961 include:
- A variable input level of -20dB to +20dB ensures compatibility with a wide range of input source material and enables the user to optimize signal level and drive the tubes 'soft' or 'hot' as required. LED bargraph displays give a clear indication of the input signal level.
- High Pass Filter. A variable 12dB/Octave roll-off filter adjustable from - 20Hz to 500Hz section enables the user to remove unwanted low frequencies and sub-sonic noise.
- Each channel of the 1961 has four main equalizer sections with six carefully chosen overlapping frequencies and a separate tube stage for increased harmonic clarity. Each section also includes variable band width from 0.3 Octave to 3 Octaves and +18dB of Cut and Boost.
BASS frequencies (Hz) 20, 32, 50, 80, 125, 200
LO-MID frequencies (Hz) 100,180, 250, 400, 650,1K
HI-MID frequencies (kHz) 0.5, 0.8,1.2, 2.0, 3.2, 5.0
TREBLE frequencies (kHz) 2.5, 4, 6,10,15, 25
- A variable 12dB/Octave roll-off filter adjustable from 2.5kHz to 42kHz enables the user to remove high frequency interference or to band limit excessively high levels of high frequencies.
- Two additional tube stages in the output section of each channel allow the user to achieve 'soft clipping' by adjusting the input level control whilst visually monitoring the effect upon the 'Soft' and 'O/L' (Overload) LEDs.
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Drawmer 1961 Two-Channel Tube Parametric EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields