DPA S5 Surround Mount – No Longer Available
The DPA S5 Surround Microphone Mount accommodates up to five cardioid microphones and two omnidirectional microphones as outriggers for blending in between front and rear channels. This method was originated by NHK's Akira Fukada and is a proven method for capturing surround audio in performances, film, sound stages, etc.
The microphones may be spaced up to 2 to 7' (60.96 to 213.36cm) between each other and the center disc features a cable-through hole and inscriptions for correct pole alignment. The kit includes all necessary poles, extensions and accessories, and all may be neatly packed and transported in the included road case. The S5 Surround Microphone Mount is ideal in orchestra capturing, ambiance recording, sound reinforcement, location recording and more.
- DPA or Third Party Microphones
- The S5 is optimized for use with DPA microphones but the 3/8" threaded mounts allow for any microphone to be used.
- Spacious Surround Perspective
- The five point configurations provide spacious, surround recordings of full orchestras, performances, ambiance, etc.
- Easy Setup and Breakdown
- The center disc features a cable channel and is inscribed with markings for easy pole setup. The main poles telescope and extensions are also provided for adding length.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the DPA S5 Surround Mount.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields