DPA 4011A Cardioid Microphone P48
- Superior for high sound levels
The DPA 4011A cardioid condenser microphone is an upgraded version of our classic 4011, renowned in recording studios and live applications around the world as an exceptional mic. State-of-the-art components have been carefully selected to provide optimal neutrality, accuracy, and extremely low distortion.
Pure linear cardioid
The principal appeal of the 4011A is its directional quality and attention to detail: everything sounds like the original. The first-order cardioid pickup pattern provides superb separation between sound sources when used as a spot mic on literally any style of live music, from rock ‘n’ roll to opera. The 4011A is equally suitable for close-up work on acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments and vocals as it is for spot-miking symphonies. It can handle incredibly high sound levels and even includes a 20 dB pad switch in the center of the XLR connector to attenuate the output of the microphone.
A flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response deliver a totally faithful reproduction of the original sound. The off-axis response is similarly smooth so that any leakage is an accurate reflection of the original, though attenuated according to the true first-order cardioid pickup pattern. The sensation of “being there” will always be more intense with the DPA 4011A than with any other cardioid. Chosen for its qualities as an all-around performer, the 4011A is a great, clean-sounding colorless mic. The variety of applications is as wide as the imagination of the user.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted, re. 20 µPa: Typ. 18 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB)
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 25 dB (correct with the attenuator in 0 dB or -20 dB setting)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 76 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: Typ. 121 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 159 dB
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Length: 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90 %
- Matching tolerance: ± 1 dB
- Phase deviation for kit: < 10°
|Package Contents||4011A cardioid mic, clip, foam windscreen|
|Unit Weight||158 g|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-40 dBV/Pa (10 mV)|
|Max. SPL||159 dB|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when DPA 4011A Cardioid Microphone P48 becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.