DPA 4006-TL Omnidirectional Microphone, P48, Transformerless – No Longer Available
DPA 4006 is one of the most popular types in the DPA microphone range and is a worldwide reference thanks to its precise, detailed andnatural reproduction. For more than 20 years it has impressed studio owners and broadcasters as well as musicians and engineers thanks to its transparent sound quality. It is one of the most sought after studio microphones in the industry - and the one that gives you the most value for your money.
In striving to achieve an even cleaner sound, the DPA 4006-TL is equipped with a state-of-the-art, transformerless preamplifier and is powered via a standard 48V phantom power supply. This design increases the sensitivity and provides an extended low-frequency handling capability (15 Hz to 20 kHz ±2 dB). All components in this construction are very carefully selected to fulfill the demand for optimal neutrality, accuracy and extremely low distortion even at very high sound pressure levels and at complex passages in the music.
The applications of 4006-TL are numerous: AB stereo pair for symphonic concert hall recordings, close mic on instruments such as grand piano, guitar, double bass, percussion and speech/vocals, just to mention a few examples where a 4006-TL will give more detail and more open resolution.
With the acoustic modification accessories it is possible to gain different frequency responses and directional characteristics with just one 4006-TL. You simply change a grid and it will influence the sound field acoustically without any phase shift, noise or distortion, that any electrical filter will introduce.
4006-TL is a product for sound engineers with demands for high quality.The precise reproduction, total transparency and natural-sounding clarity of this microphone will provide you with a lifetime of satisfying listening.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: 16 mm (0.63 in) pre-polarised condenser
- Frequency range: ± 2 dB: 15 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal: ±2 dB: 35 mV/Pa; -29 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 15 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 17 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 27 dB (max. 29 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% THD up to 129 dB SPL peak, <1% THDup to 135 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 120 dBMax. SPL, peak before clipping:143 dB
- Output impedance: <200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 100 m (328 ft)
- Power supply: Phantom P48
- Current consumption: 2.60 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR-M (Standard P48)
- Weight: 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 16 mm (0.63 in)
- Microphone length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +70° C (-40 to +158° F)
- Five-year manufacturer warranty
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz - 20 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the DPA 4006-TL Omnidirectional Microphone, P48, Transformerless.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields