DPA 4004 Hi-SPL Omnidirectional 130v – No Longer Available
The Type 4004 is an omnidirectional hi-voltage (130 V) close miking specialist with an extended on-axis frequency response from 10Hz to 40kHz (±2dB). The 4004 is a condenser microphone specially designed to handle extremely high sound pressure levels - up to 168dB SPL before clipping occurs. It has an unbeatable dynamic range of 124dB from the noise floor to 1% THD and an extended headroom of 20dB up to clipping level due to the special hi-voltage powering system. The 4004 is acoustically identical with the reference microphone Type 4007, but differs in the powering system and the fact that the 4004 has a transformerless output. 4004 is totally transparent and is the perfect choice in all close miking recording situations regardless of the sound source.
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Frequency range: On-axis: 10Hz - 40kHz ±2dB up to 152dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity: Nominally 10mV/Pa; -40dB re. 1V/Pa unloaded (at 250Hz)
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 24dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26dB(A))
- Equivalent noise leve l CCIR 468-1: Typ. 36dB (max. 38dB)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 168dB SPL peak (f< 4kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: 142dB SPL peak (<0.5% THD)
- Cable drive capability: With HMA4000: Up to 300m (984ft)
- Phase response: Phase matching between any two microphones: ±5° (50 Hz to 20kHz)
- Cartridge lower limiting frequency (-3db): 3 to 5Hz
- Output impedance: <75 Ohm
- Weight: 150g (5.29oz)
- Microphone length: 165mm (6.5in)
- Microphone diameter: 19mm (0.75in)
|Unit Weight||0.33 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||10 Hz - 40 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-40 dBV/Pa (10 mV)|
|Max. SPL||168 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the DPA 4004 Hi-SPL Omnidirectional 130v.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields