DBX 165 Compressor/Limiter (Vintage) – No Longer Available
- Power switch (with LED indicator)
- Stereo coupler (with slave LED indicator). Each 165 is equipped with matched rms detectors for stereo-strapping operation without the signal-summing errors of conventional strapped compressors.
- Compression ratio: continuously variable, 1:1 - 20:1 and infinity
- Attack: continuously variable, 400 - 1 db/msec
- Release: continuously variable, 4k to 10 db/sec
- In manual mode, variable attack and release rates allow the 165A to be used as an ultra-fast or slower rms-detecting limiter.
- Auto attack/release (with LED indicator). In automatic mode, compressor attack and release times are determined by program material dynamics.
- Meter switching: input, output, gain change. Analog rms meter is switchable to read input or output levels or the amount of gain reduction over a 30dB range.
- System bypass
- Output gain: continuously variable, -20 to + 20dB
- Meter adjustment screw
- Separate detector input allows compression pre-emphasis and other effects.
- Active balanced input for hum and RF rejection.
- 24dBv input/output capability.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- THD: 0.2%, maximum compression, 1 kHz, 0 dBV
- Noise: - 90 dBV
- Maximum Input: + 24 dBV
- Maximum Output: + 23 dBV
- Input Impedance: 22k ohm differential, 11k ohm unbalanced
- Output Impedance: Low single ended, for driving 600 ohm or greater
- Gain: - 20 to + 20 dB
- Threshold Range: - 40 to + 20 dBV (Compressor), - 2 to + 24 dBV (PeakStop)
- Maximum Compression: Greater than 60 dB
- Auto: 15 ms for 10 dB, 5 ms for 20 db, 3ms for 30dB;
- Manual: variable from 2.5 us to 1 ms per dB
- Auto: 8 ms for 1 dB, 80 ms for 10 dB, 400 ms for 50 dB; (125 dB/s rate);
- Manual: variable from 250 us to 100 ms per dB
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when DBX 165 Compressor/Limiter (Vintage) becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.