Dangerous Music MONITOR ST
Unlike other monitor controllers that color and distort your sound, the Dangerous Music MONITOR ST uses audiophile-grade components to create an unconditionally transparent design. Featuring multiple input and output sources, lightning-fast speaker switching, a dedicated talkback mic and a robust monitoring system in a compact 1U package, MONITOR ST is the ultimate monitor controller for any studio.
A sound is only as strong as the weakest link in the signal chain. Literally every single sound in your studio runs through your monitor controller, which makes it one of the most important links. If you can’t trust what’s coming out of your monitors, you can’t make informed decisions. Some monitor controllers alter frequency response at different volumes, others introduce noise or use sterile digital processors—but MONITOR ST uses an all analog signal path to provide the most accurate and reliable monitoring available.
MONITOR ST features four analog inputs, three speaker outputs and a dedicated stereo subwoofer output. Each output features programmable level offsets and filters, allowing you to easily configure MONITOR ST to suit your studios specific needs. MONITOR ST is also capable of elaborate signal routing and advanced level matching for A/Bing multiple playback devices with unrivaled accuracy.
As if crystal clear monitoring and an award-winning ergonomic design weren’t enough, MONITOR ST also boasts an impressive feature list. The on-board talkback mic, cue controls and built-in headphone amp make communicating with artists a breeze.
Need even more connectivity? MONITOR ST can be expanded to accommodate 5.1, 7.1, 10.2 surround sound and more using optional SR modules to add unlimited channels.
It’s called the sweet spot for a reason—the included desktop remote control allows you to manage every signal right from the sweet spot. The remote control connects to the rack unit with a single shielded Cat5 cable, keeping your workspace nice and tidy. Small enough to sit on your home studio desk and sleek enough to share a space atop your console, the MONITOR ST remote control has includes bright, colorful LED lights providing instant visual feedback for every setting.
- Analog stepped-attenuator volume control - No level control IC’s used – pristine, accurate and repeatable
- Four input sources - Switch between your DAW outputs, DVD player, CD player, tape machines, etc.
- Three speaker outputs - Switch between up to three sets of monitors
- Programmable input gain offsets - Adjust for and store level offsets for different source devices
- Input level compensation for –10 dBV and +4 dBu sources - Instantly adjust and store gain compensation for consumer devices
- Input four has continuously variable level offset - Compensate for commercial CD levels and perform true A/B comparisons without compromising sound quality
- Programmable output level offsets - Fine-tune and store offsets to achieve equal apparent loudness on all your control room speakers- SR unit has continually variable level trims for L-R rear, center and LFE
- Assignable subwoofer output - Choose and store which sets of speakers you want to use with your sub
- Programmable subwoofer level offset - Adjust and store subwoofer levels, easily alternate between sub function and LFE function
- Selectable subwoofer filtering - Select and store subwoofer filter options for each set of speakers - switch between full bandwidth for surround mixing and bottom octave only for stereo work
- Comprehensive speaker Mute and Solo - Easily mute and solo speakers in any combination
- Flexible stereo cue system with main and auxiliary inputs - Make your performers happy with a great headphone mix or use the aux input as a Beep channel to monitor computer alert tones or click tracks on the main speakers
- Onboard cue power amp - 40 watts of clean power for your headphones
- Talkback system with dual control and dedicated slate output - Give the producer his own talkback button! Easily slate tracks, or send the slate output to a powered speaker for open-air talkback
- SR Unit has selected source output - Send source signals to meters or any other external device
- Gain tracking accuracy: better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002%
- IMD: 0.003%
- Frequency response: 1 Hz - 100 kHz -0.1 dB
- Crosstalk rejection: >96 dB
- Nominal input level: +4 dBu or -10 dBV
- Crossover: -3 dB @ 57 Hz 18 dB/octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
- Headphone amp: 0.002% THD+N
- Headroom: +25 dBu to main outputs
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Input Connectors||Analog DB25, Analog XLR|
|Number of Outputs||1|
|Output Connectors||Analog DB25|
|Dimensions||Width- 31.22 CM, 12.29 IN Depth- 10.60 CM, 4.17 IN Rear Height- 3.90 CM, 1.54 IN Front Height- 2.40 CM, 0.94 IN|
Awesome product +++++
Love it. Helps the mix flow smoother.
I had a Mackie Big Knob that was old and needed to be replaced, I wanted to go a little higher end sounding. When I tried this, I immediately noticed that there was no more "sound" in my music. It was clean, clear and super easy to use. I love it.
For the price, I really don't think anything beats it. The Crane Song Avocet II is probably a step-up sound-wise, but it's 50% more money too. If you are like me and had a Presonus Central Station before, this is a HUGE step up in transparency within your monitoring chain. Do yourself a favor and replace your Presonus, or Mackie Big Knob, with this beast and you'll be happy you did. Your monitors sure will thank you!
* Required Fields
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Dangerous Music MONITOR ST becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.