Dangerous Music MONITOR – No Longer Available
Monitoring is the most critical part of any studio set-up. Every decision made is based on what you hear, or what you don’t hear, through the monitor system. In today’s professional mastering and mixing rooms quality monitor control means an accurate, uncolored yet musical signal path with immediate and intuitive control.
To put out high-quality work an engineer needs the ability to easily switch between multiple analog and digital sources as well as different sets of speakers, to recall level settings, and most critically to listen to the input source material through the same signal path. The Dangerous MONITOR delivers all of this, and more.
The Dangerous Monitor is the realization of four distinct functions, seamlessly integrated into one 2u package: analog switching, digital switching, onboard D to A conversion, and comprehensive mastering monitoring functions. There are separate products out there that handle most of these tasks, but a system that elegantly integrates them into one package while delivering top-quality performance in all areas is a must for a focused control room in a competitive studio.
Specifically designed by mastering studio veterans to bring no-compromise monitor control to your studio, it’s stellar sound, straightforward ergonomics and uncompromising accuracy along with its mastering-quality D to A converter will finally let you hear what your tracks really sound like.
A perfect companion for the Dangerous MQ and 2-BUS - no professional studio should be without one.
The design team at Dangerous knows that while there are options for digital routing,conversion and analog switching available as stand-alone units, a system that integrates them in one package has not been available until now. The addition of comprehensive monitoring features -- along with stellar sound, unprecedented flexibility and ease of use -- makes the Dangerous MONITOR an essential component of today's studio environment, and a perfect companion for the Dangerous 2-BUS.
- Analog input switching: three pairs of analog inputs
- Digital input switching: four digital inputs, with active thru outputs
- Onboard D/A: custom Dangerous Reference DAC
- Full console monitoring functions: L&R Phase reverse, L&R Mute, Mono, Dim, Alternate Speaker, and -6 VU Meter Offset
- Analog and digital meter feeds
- Stepped attenuator volume control for precise adjustment and repeatability
- Optional remote
- Frequency response: 1 Hz-100 kHz within 0.2 dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% in audio band
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.002% IMD60 4:1
- Converter lock range: 32 kHz - 192 kHz
- Converter THD+noise: 0.002%
- Crosstalk @ 1 kHz: -113 dB
- Crosstalk @ 10 kHz: -102 dB
- Noise floor: -93 dBu total energy in audio band
- Max level: +26 dBu
- Nominal operating level: +4 dBu
- Input impedance: 25k ohm balanced
- Output impedance: 50 ohm balanced (600 ohm drive capable)
- Gain accuracy: better than .05 dB @ 1 kHz for any gain setting
- Power consumption: 40 watts
- Size: 2u for monitor, 1u for power supply
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Dangerous Music MONITOR.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields