To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Daking Mic Preamp/EQ MKII
The Daking Mic Pre/EQ MkII is a single channel high end, all discrete Class A transformer balanced (input and output) unit that combines a great mic pre and world-class EQ in one single rack unit. Separate mic and line inputs can be selected from the front panel “line” switch without changing wires in back. Both inputs are combo XLR/1/4-inch TRS. High gain of 70 dB handles all types of mics from ribbons to dynamics and condensers. Switched phantom enables secure ribbon mic use and 20 dB pad switch prevents overload on high output condensers mics. Front panel Phase switch for inverting input phase and large overall mute button and bypass button help the workflow.
Geoff Daking’s famous Mic Pre EQ has four (4) individual EQ bands and five (5) Stepped frequencies per band with frequencies specially chosen for effective results. This is thought to be some of the best EQ available for tracking, mixing or mastering. Continuously variable EQ boost or cut of 15 dB. 25 Hz High Pass 6 db/octave filter for getting rid of low-end rumble that ruins tracks and 12 dB per octave Low Pass filter at 15 kHz helps get rid of extreme top end edginess. Separate overall output level control makes up gain lost in extensive EQ cuts. All relay switching with gold bi-furcated contacts for long term life. Steel construction for strength and noise immunity. An outboard “inline” universal power supply remotes the power to keep the noise floor low.
- MKII cosmetic update includes a new faceplate and aluminum rack ears
- Jensen Transformer Balanced Inputs and Output
- All Discrete transistor circuitry
- Class A amplifiers
- Four Band EQ with hard bypass
- Continuously variable boost and cut: ±16 dB
- Stepped frequencies: High Shelving 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 kHz; Upper Mids 1.5, 3, 5, 7, 9 kHz; Lower Mids 125 Hz, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz; Low Shelving 30, 50, 80, 100, 150 Hz; High & Low Pass Filters 25 Hz and 20 kHz
- All relay switching with gold bi-furcated contacts
- Switched +48V Phantom power
- Mute and Bypass
- 20 dB pad on mic input
- +24 dB of headroom
- Stainless steel construction for noise immunity
- Aluminum knobs
- Output level control before last stage of gain
|Input Connectors||XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Daking Mic Preamp/EQ MKII.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields