D16 Group Decimort2 - Electronic Delivery
Electronic music (especially Hip-Hop) producers have long been aware that classic samplers (such as early Akai and E-MU units) had a character and sound all their own: they added a "grit" and "color" to the samples and loops they played back which made them sound "fat" and sit well in a mix. This sound coloration was due to the encoding techniques, lower sample rate and bit depth, and conversion circuits used by these early samplers. The D16 Group Decimort2 recreates this coloration and adds that vintage sampler magic back to any loop, any bassline, or any sound played through it for that matter! Beyond vintage sampler emulation, it’s also the perfect bit-crusher with filter, capable of extreme settings for dramatic results.
The highest quality low-quality effect you can buy
The Decimort effect unit (available as part of the SilverLine collection of plug-ins from D16) is a premium grade bit crusher and sample rate reducer with some highly unconventional features. The advanced signal processing algorithms within Decimort simulate the complex behavior of the entire sampling path that exists in every AD/DA converter, and with version 2 comes far greater control over the process!
Decimort has zero internal aliasing—in fact, the only aliasing present is the emulated aliasing of the classic samplers that were modeled when creating it. Unwelcome artifacts are completely absent in the processed signal: only the desirable, modeled ones remain.
More control than any other effect of this type
Decimort isn’t just another bitcrusher with only bit resolution and sampling frequency to tweak; in fact, it provides far more advanced features than you likely could have ever expected from an effect of this kind, all implemented in stunning quality:
- Two optional anti-alias filters - A very steep low-pass pre filter (Approximative Filter) coupled with the resampling frequency that removes all harmonic content above it, ensuring no aliasing will appear below this frequency in the spectrum. A further post filter (Image filter), also synchronized with the resampler, gives control over amount of aliasing images appearing above resampling frequency when enabled
- Adjustable Jitter - An unprecedented feature in the bit crusher’s world which introduces short-period, random fluctuations to the resampling frequency, thus making the process even more sonically interesting by producing a type of harmonic distortion you’ve likely never heard in this context.
- Two quantization methods - Two available quantization methods; the mid-raiser and mid-tread decimation algorithms, each of them characterized by a drastically different dynamics response.
- Controllable dithering - Dithering was conceptually developed as means to reduce audible quantization errors by masking the harmonic distortions they cause. D16 added controllable dithering to increase number of ways in which you can (mal)treat the sound.
All this adds up to a very powerful and musical tool which is not only another creativity-releasing item for your arsenal, but one that gives you the ability to emulate classic sampling units in-the-box—now with even greater precision through access to a variety of parameters unavailable up till now in effects of this type!
Two in one
Decimort is also equipped with analog-like filters with adjustable resonance that allow further sculpting of the signal. These can be used to smooth the sound or remove sonic artefacts introduced into the signal path by the modeling process to your taste.
- Ultra accurate resampling algorithm (ADC emulation, no harmonics above 22 kHz)
- Approximative (pre) filter and Image (post) filter, both conjugated with resampler
- Adjustable jitter
- Quantization with controlled dithering
- Two quantization methods (mid-raiser, mid-tread)
- Analog-like filters with adjustable resonance and cutoff
- Tag based preset browser
- Two alternative GUI sizes
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout
- 64bit internal processing
- No harmonic distortions at output (unwanted)
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, AU, VST|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the D16 Group Decimort2 - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields