D.W. Fearn VT-24 Four-Channel Tube Microphone Preamp
From the Manufacturer: "Like most of our products, the VT-24 came about because it was something I needed for my own recording projects. I wanted to record every microphone with VT-1/VT-2 mic preamps, but I was running out of rack space in my small control room. A four-channel version of the VT-2 would double my preamp capacity in the same space.
I did not want to compromise on the sound nor on the features of the VT-2. The VT-24 uses the identical circuit and custom Jensen input and output transformers as all our mic preamps. It has four true VU meters, but they are smaller than on a VT-1/VT-2. Specs are the same as a VT-2, and, most importantly, the sound is exactly the same.
The VT-24 has eight tubes, but it runs cool enough that no fan is required, so you can have next to live mics without a problem.
One thing that we did have to eliminate in the VT-24 is the meter switch. But the 48V phantom power, 20dB pad, and special input selection for Low-Z microphones are just like on a VT-1/VT-2. The power switch is on the front panel."
- Input 150 ohms
- Input Load Impedance 1.5k ohms
- Minimum Input Level -65 dBm nominal
- Maximum Input Level @ 20 cps -30 dBm without pad, -5 dBm with 20 dB pad
- Gain 53 dB
- Frequency Response +/-0.25 dB 20 cps to 20 kc; -3 dB @ 0.5 cps and 55 kc
- THD+Noise less than 0.25% 20 cps to 20 kc
- Intermodulation Distortion SMPTE less than 0.02%
- Signal to Noise Ratio 74 dB minimum
- Equivalent Input Noise -124 dBm maximum
- Output low-Z, transformer-balanced
- Maximum Output Level +22 dBm, 20k ohm load
- Power Requirements 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions 19" W, 5.25" H, 14" D
- Weight 20 lbs
**NOTE: Frequency is specified in cycles per second (cps) or kilocycles per second (kc). These units correspond to Hz and kHz respectively. Measurements made with -50 dBm input and 50 dB gain in a 22 cps to 22 kc bandwidth.
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the D.W. Fearn VT-24 Four-Channel Tube Microphone Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields