To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Crucial Audio Studio-Nugget Vacuum Tube Prime Number Analog Delay
Rack-mount vacuum tube prime number BBD analog delay with dual analog clocks @1ms resolution range from 61 – 614 milliseconds
Upgrade your sound system with The Crucial Audio Studio-Nugget Vacuum Tube Analog Delay. Amazing tape-like pure analog tonality, and a feature set that will blow your mind. Enter Crucial Audio’s world famous analog delay (BBD) circuitry driven by transformer-coupled Class A vacuum tube preamp stages. Prime Number and Tempo Indicators and an analog VU meter guide you towards the ultimate echoes and sonic excellence for your mix! Hand-built to order by Crucial Audio.
Prime Numbers and Delay Times
Legendary producer and recording industry icon Rob Fraboni was a huge part of the inspiration to develop the Studio-Nugget’s Prime Number Identification algorithm. Professional producers and recording engineers have known that delay times/echoes set to prime numbers deliver a sonic difference in overall echo clarity and level in the mix. It can be an effective technique at any song tempo.
A prime number can only be divided by 1 and itself. Thus less likely to create phase cancellation of the fundamental frequencies during audible intermodulation events. One example is a multi-tone of 250 Hz + 1 kHz Dry and Delayed Sine Waves (summed with delay range of 80 – 120ms) @0 dBv and -10 dBv. Measurements on the Stanford Research Systems SR-760 FFT spectrum analyzer illustrate that a change of 1ms from a prime number can yield as much as -8 dBv in delay gain at the 1 kHz carrier during the 250 Hz intermodulation. Hence the audible difference of reported echo clarity and level within the frequency feast of the mix.
- LED delay time display with prime number indicators
- Analog VU meter with selectable input and output monitors
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on XLR connectors (+4 dBu)
- Low noise high voltage Class A vacuum tube preamps
- BBD analog delay with dual analog clocks @1ms resolution range from 61 – 614 milliseconds
- Coarse and fine delay time controls
- Tempo LED for optical rhythm synchronization
- Modulation Depth and Rate controls plus Modulation Rate LED
- Dry Level, Repeats, Delay Level and Tone controls
- Gold anodized rugged 19" 1U rack-mount enclosure
- 115/230 Vac 50/60 Hz world wide power input featuring medical-grade power supplies
- 1-year limited warranty
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Crucial Audio Studio-Nugget Vacuum Tube Prime Number Analog Delay.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields