Five decades of power amp innovation have been rolled into Crown's impressive new XLS Series of amplifiers. The Crown XLS1500 DriveCore
amplifier features flexibility you'll appreciate, including multiple inputs, so you can plug in anything and play anywhere. Compared to many 40-lb competitors, this 12 lb beast uses integrated crossovers, and advanced switched-mode power supply, and peak limiters to protect your entire system. Priced to fit comfortably into any gigging band's budget — the XLS Series represents a powerful argument for flexibility, performance, and value.
Class D amps can suffer impaired performance when they're being fed by unstable AC lines. To overcome this issue, Crown came up with DriveCore — it's a hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit that provides an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions. That means, even if you plug into an unreliable wall outlet, you can enjoy consistent performance without affecting audio quality. In short, demanding equipment like lighting rigs and back-line gear won't interfere with the sound — as it should be.
Other features on the XLS 1500 — which you're looking at now — include Crown's PureBand Crossover System. With this system, you can vary the crossover frequency, choosing any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. And with four crossover modes to choose from, you know your needs will be covered. Finally, the XLS 1500 features Crown's Peak-x limiters to help you achieve higher SPL with less audible artifacts. What it comes down to, is that you'll enjoy less distortion, fewer shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your important speaker investments.
- Reliable design incorporates many popular features
- Housed in a rugged, all-steel 2U chassis (3U in the XLS 5000)
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touch-proof binding post and Speakon® outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel.
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications