To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 Preamp/Signal Processor/Headphone Mixer
Multi-award-winning preamp, Mojo analog saturator, and reference-quality headphone amplifier with discrete line mixer
The Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 combines the multi award winning Camden preamp technology with a reference-grade headphone amplifier to elevate your audio interface’s front-end to a professional level.
Award Winning Pedigree
Camden EC1 introduces one of the cleanest and most transparent preamps on the market into a standalone, desktop-friendly chassis that can integrate with any audio interface.
Designed to compete with the very best, the Camden preamp itself achieves unprecedented low-noise and low-distortion performance as well as frequency and phase linearity at all gain settings.
Capture your source with complete transparency; boost low-sensitivity microphones without adding noise and coloration; and capture instant and coherent transients without phase shift that cause summing abnormalities. Camden EC1 exhibits performance specifications that exceed the most revered ‘transparent’ preamps on the market.
It’s 12-way rotary Gain switch enables easy recallability of preamp gain whilst its dedicated mic, line, and hi-z input modes allows Camden EC1 to not only become your go-to mic preamp, but also a line-level saturator and instrument DI thanks to dedicated ¼” jack Link outputs for each channel.
Using its Mojo analog saturation control, Camden EC1’s transforms from extraordinarily clean, natural, and precise sounding, into thick, gooey, and vintage-sounding at the turn of a dial.
With two discrete Mojo styles; Thump and Cream, Camden EC1 can perfectly imitate vintage transformer or valve-based preamps at the turn of a dial.
Mojo’s saturation is completely variable, allowing you to dial-in the amount of saturation you need for each source. Keep it at 3-4 for authentic preamp saturation or crank it up to 11 for a more exaggerated effect!
Perhaps most crucially and unlike transformer-based preamps, when you need something clean and transparent for a particular session/source, Mojo can be completely bypassed and removed from the signal using the pots’ built-in, true-bypass switch to reveal the true clarity of the Camden preamp design.
Record through Mojo to apply instant analog coloration during tracking or send line-level sources through the Mojo to add vintage coloration to your DAW tracks or stereo bus during the mix phase.
Advanced Tracking And Reamping Tool
The Camden EC1’s reference-quality headphone amplifier and independent, 4-channel line mixer allows for direct, zero-latency monitoring of the Camden preamp using headphones connected directly to Camden EC1’s front panel. Monitor the preamp directly using headphones during mic placement to find the sweet spot of the instrument/source, or create a zero-latency, analog headphone mix by mixing the preamp with external playback from dedicated Stereo Aux and Mono Ext Line Inputs.
Camden EC1 features an extraordinary Hi-Z instrument D.I. circuit with a dedicated ¼” jack Link output - the combination makes Camden EC1 the perfect tool for reamping bass and electric guitars on studio or stage. Simply connect your instrument to its Hi-Z input for unparalleled DI performance, and connect the ¼” Link output of the preamp to your amplifier/effects pedals for wet/dry recording and reamping.
Camden EC1 also utilizes Cranborne Audio’s unique C.A.S.T. system for distributing audio around the studio or stage using affordable Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 7 cabling whilst achieving the highest sonic results.
Connect Camden EC1’s C.A.S.T. OUT port to Cranborne Audio’s 500R8 or 500ADAT, and you can send Camden EC1’s preamp directly to the interface's input ready for further processing and recording. At the same time through the same cable, 500R8/500ADAT transmit their built-in monitor mix directly to Camden EC1’s headphone mixer for monitoring.
This allows 500R8/500ADAT users to relocate their Camden EC1’s preamp and headphone amplifier into the live room using a single Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 7 cable whilst freeing-up 500 series slots in 500R8/500ADAT for more EQ and Compressor modules and extra processing before hitting 500R8/500ADAT’s converters.
Meticulously Designed and Engineered In The UK
With an abundance of I/O available, Camden EC1 facilitates the maximum amount of flexibility with all 3rd party audio interfaces and recorders by including dedicated XLR outputs, Impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs with 10 dB PAD, and a Link output when using Camden EC1 as a DI.
Camden EC1 is another Cranborne Audio product engineered and designed under the team’s watchful eyes. Camden EC1 features elite audio specifications and application-based features that defies its price tag and is accessible for professional, project, and home studio engineers.
- Discrete mic/line/hi-z preamp featuring the award-winning ‘Camden’ topology from the Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series
- Audio performance at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- 48V orange LED indicates voltage charging or dissipating to prevent damage to ribbon microphones and to ensure voltage is fully charged before use; red indicates when voltage is fully charged and ready to use
- ‘Mojo’ analog saturation circuits with variable control, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Create zero-latency artist mixes by combining the Camden preamp with external playback from Aux Input 1/4” jacks on Camden EC1’s rear panel
- Use the reference grade headphone amplifier for critical listening by sending stereo mixes from the interface into the Aux input and monitoring directly using Camden EC1’s headphone output
- Reference-quality, high-powered headphone amplifier
- Balanced XLR output and impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs for maximum connectivity into audio interfaces and other downstream equipment
- -10 dB PAD to attenuate preamp output for low-headroom audio interfaces
- Dedicated Impedance balanced 1/4" jack Link output for true instrument DI functionality and splitting instrument inputs to balanced or unbalanced amplifiers and effects
- C.A.S.T. OUT port for connecting into 500R8/500ADAT
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 Preamp/Signal Processor/Headphone Mixer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields