Chase Bliss Audio Tonal Recall Analog Delay
The Chase Bliss Audio Tonal Recall is an unprecedented, modern approach to the classic, analog delay sound. Designed by Chase Bliss owner Joel Korte, this pedal features an all-analog signal path and digital controls that will give users the ability to effortlessly move from a simulated tape delay to dirty, out-of-this-world sounds.
At its core, the Tonal Recall uses two Xvive 3005 bucket brigade chips, which gives the pedal’s repeats a warm, decaying quality. The pedal’s breakup offers something sweet and musical. As for the Tonal Recall’s modulation section, the design employs three selectable waveforms (triangle, sine, square). This is perfect for shaping your repeats from a subtle wavering tape echo to stun gun later blasts using the Depth and Rate knobs.
The on-board tap tempo of the Tonal Recall works in tandem with the subdivisions selector (six rhythms) and can go into runaway oscillation freak outs when holding the switch down. In addition, the pedal can also be controlled via MIDI, which allows guitar players to use beat clocking in their DAW of choice to have an even greater deal of input on their audio creations. No matter your preference for controlling the pedal, the Tonal Recall enables pedal lovers to save their setting via two presets and a live mode, so you never have to scramble to remember your favorite settings again.
Like all pedals designed by Joel, the Tonal Recall features a dip switch grid on the back that offers complete control over any parameter on the pedal, both individually or simultaneously via expression control. For example, you could go from a subtle slapback delay to a triumphant ambient pad with one sweep of an expression pedal. If you're looking for an analog delay that gives you the ultimate control over your range of sounds, this is the pedal for you.
- 100% analog signal path, full digital control of parameters. No digital conversion or processing.
- 2 onboard save-able presets + live mode for 3 distinct settings (expandable to 122 with a midi controller).
- Tap Tempo / Hold for setting delay time via tap. Holding the switch gives runaway oscillation. 6 delay subdivisions including dotted eighth note.
- True bypass or buffered bypass with trails.
- 2 Xvive MN3005 delay chips.
- S stands for “short” (1 MN3005, 20ms to 275ms delay), L stands for “long” (2 MN3005, 40ms to 550ms delay ), and B stands for “both” which creates more of a blurry, reverb-like wash.
- Circuit is tuned for 550ms max delay time (longer delays are possible via trimmer adjustment, but compromises tap tempo accuracy and optimal clock filtering).
- Sine, triangle, and square wave modulation with independent rate and depth controls. At max depth, madness ensues.
- Full midi implementation to control presets and parameters.
- Expression / CV control over any parameter individually or simultaneously.
- Ramping over any parameter individually or simultaneously.
- Tone control for full range of clear or dark repeats.
- Mix Control goes 100% dry to 100% wet. On "short" delay setting, pedal can be used as a vibrato or chorus.
- Internal trimmer for max regeneration. Pedal ships with self-oscillation abilities, with the potential to get wilder.
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
Gorgeous analog delay. Somewhere between a Memory Man and a space echo. The ability to ramp parameters with dip switches takes this beyond the normal scope of a pedal.
As a die hard Deluxe Memory Man and Moog 104m fan, I was so excited upon the announcement of the Tonal Recall. To my suprise, it was nothing like either of these pedals whatsoever. It uses two MN3005 bucket brigade chips (my favorite vintage modulation pedals from the 80's use these same chips). Really "haunted" sounding repeats. Just really lush and almost ghostly sounding. The modulation sections really brings out the magic in this pedal. Three different waveforms to choose from. Full expression control, two onboard presets, MIDI, etc...Another banger from Chase Bliss!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Chase Bliss Audio Tonal Recall Analog Delay.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields