BAE 1073MP Dual Mic Preamp w/ PSU #2188 (Used)
After building the 1272 for many years, we were constantly asked to rack the units in an enclosed chassis. When we finally came around to it, we opened up the possibility of adding certain features like a phase button etc. After that we then tweaked the circuit to make the gain more like a 1073. As this was perfected, we saw the unit become far removed from a 1272 and more like a 1073 minus eq. Hence BAE (formerly Brent Averill Enterprises) 1073MP (mic pre).
- Phase reverse button
- Impedance select between 1200 and 300 ohms
- Direct input switch
- Balanced line input
- 48v phantom power
- Same 283 amp card as 1073
- Same transformers as the 1073
- Same hand-wired modular construction that BAE is known for
- Two Class A preamps with direct inputs in a single rack space with a power supply
- High Impedance direct input for guitar and synthesizer
- Output level control serves as gain trim between the 5 dB steps on gain switch
- 70 db's of gain
- Balanced mic input and balanced +4 dB output are on XLR connectors on the rear of the module.
- Similar Class A preamp as Neve™* 1073 equalizer/preamp modules
- Pad is an integral part of the gain switch same as Neve™* 1073 equalizer/preamp modules
- Oversize remote power supply can operate up to four channels of preamp
- One-year warranty
- 10 day satisfaction guarantee
The 1073MP preamp yields a really fat sound. It seems to add subharmonics to the low end which makes the bottom end sound huge. It smoothes the top end, giving the highs a silky sheen. The BAE 1073 slightly compresses transients, as well. It is a smooth, fat, larger than life sound. An added bonus is to use the front-panel DI inputs to fatten samples and synths and instruments. Balanced line-level inputs on the rear allow for fattening and punching up entire mixes, or in a signal chain with other +4 gear.
Set the gain knob (red Marconi) around 20 on the dial and set the output (gray knob) fully clockwise. This gives you the highest headroom and cleanest signal path. Every click is in 5db increments so if one click is too hot, attenuate the output to get in between the 5db steps.
Another trick people like to do is to put the final mix through the direct inputs on the front to get that harmonic distortion. To get even more of that Class A output stage is to come out of channel 1 and into channel 2 then you have an accumulative effect of that classic output stage.
* Neve is a trademark or registered trademark of AMS-Neve LTD and BAE is not affiliated with such entity.
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the BAE 1073MP Dual Mic Preamp w/ PSU #2188 (Used).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields