Lynx Studio Technology Aurora 8 LT-HD #2708222191 (Used)
- 8-channel 24-bit / 192 kHz Analog I/O
- 8-channel 24-bit / 192 kHz Digital I/O
- MIDI I/O
- LT-HD card pre-installed
The Lynx Studio Technology Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 are 16 and 8 channel 24-bit/192 kHz analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converters in a single-space rack-mount case. Representing Lynx Studio Technologys first rack-mount product, Aurora was developed using the next generation of Lynx acclaimed conversion technology and rock-solid digital interface circuitry. Both units are identical in features and specifications except for the number of I/O channels.
Aurora provides professional I/O interfaces for ease of installation in most studios and live sound applications. The analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and 10dBV nominal levels. The AES digital I/O is transformer coupled and is capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. Both dual and single-wire AES channel modes are supported.
Aurora's ergonomically designed front panel provides easy access to important controls and signal status. Unique to this product class, Aurora also offers extensive remote control capability. All front panel features as well as other low-level options can be controlled from the Lynx AES16 digital interface card on Windows and Macintosh platforms; a Pocket PC or laptop via infrared; MIDI; or an LSlot interface card. Multiple remote set-up configurations can be stored and recalled.
The on-board 32-channel digital mixer provides extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch bay style digital router, Aurora can easily route signals between analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. Mixing capability on each output also provides flexible zero latency monitoring.
The LSlot expansion port accepts cards that provide compatibility with current and emerging digital interface standards, including ADAT and others.
Lynx's proprietary SynchroLock jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
All analog and digital connections use DB25 connectors with industry standard pin-outs which are compatible with off-the-shelf cables from Lynx as well as from manufacturers such as Mogami, ProCo, Hosa and others.The Lynx LT-HD is an L-Slot interface for the Aurora 8 and Aurora 16 A/D D/A converters that provides digital input and output in a format that is recognizable by Digidesign® ProTools | HD® systems. LT-HD-equipped Auroras may be connected to HD Core or HD Accel cards with standard Digidesign cabling and can operate seamlessly with all HD-compatible versions of ProTools software.
Key Specifications and Features
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of conversion per HD Core or Accel Core card possible with two Aurora 16's
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Digidesign 192 I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock™ technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora is a clock slave or to provide stable, low-jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora frame
- Aurora remote control via MIDI and IrDA
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Input Connectors||AES/EBU DB25, Analog DB25|
|Output Connectors||AES/EBU DB25, Analog DB25|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Clock I/O||In, Out|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Lynx Studio Technology Aurora 8 LT-HD #2708222191 (Used).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields