Buzz Audio MA-2.2BTX Stereo Microphone Preamp - Silver
The Buzz Audio MA-2.2BTX Preamp has all the same well-loved features as the standard MA-2.2B, but features a Lundahl output transformer, providing a warmer tone than the original.
The circuitry used in the MA-2.2B preamp was developed by Buzz Audio designer Tim Farrant in the 1990's and was dubbed "True Class A". The resulting BE40 series of amplifiers exhibit a very wide frequency response (into the megahertz ) and ultra-fast slew rates (140V/uS) even at 60dB of gain. These attributes, plus the inherently low distortion provide the exceptionally pure top-end sound of the MA-2.2B.
In addition, the over-engineered power supply design with localized Class A regulators for each amplifier stage supplies the grunt needed for an authoritative and accurate bottom end - it sounds tight and never overblown.
- Lundahl amorphous core LL1684 output transformer
- Functions are controlled with illuminated push button switches with "clickless" operation -- no more thumps on the output.
- The gain pot has been replaced with a calibrated 24 position Elma switch for accurate stereo matching between channels.
- Useful 19 segment peak output level meter.
- Original audio and power supply design of the MA-2.2 has been retained.
|Package Contents||Buzz Audio MA-2.2BTX Preamp|
|Unit Weight||15.4 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Buzz Audio MA-2.2BTX Stereo Microphone Preamp - Silver.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields