Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC (Demo Deal)
Open up your best mic pre and look inside. You will see high quality components like tubes, large transformers and high quality capacitors. Open up your DAC and you will find cheap 10 cent capacitors and run-of-the-mill 25 cent op-amps, even when you’ve spent a lot of money on your interface. Most DAW hardware interfaces are designed for interconnectivity with little attention to the analog audio path, or even the conversion, let alone the tone.
The B2 Bomber is designed for great specifications, but more importantly, it is designed to give you the ultimate in recording tone. For years now people have been trying to figure out why their digital recordings don’t have the warmth and feel of analog tape recordings. We try using tube mic pres and great compressors, but there is still something missing. There is still that blurriness, that graininess and lack of depth that comes with digital recordings.
BURL Audio has solved this problem by designing an analog audio path that is complimentary to your mic pre and to the analog to digital process. By using a revolutionary hybrid circuit with a proprietary transformer, the BURL AUDIO BX1, and a discrete class-A, zero feedback, zero capacitor signal path, we have achieved dynamic and tonal balance.
Using a B2 Bomber in the studio is like taking the governor off of your recordings. And, the B2 is not just for tracking. Mix down and mastering were the main focus of the B2's layout and design. With 30 segment peak amplitude and RMS metering, the B2 lets you know exactly how hot you are running your signal which is critical for mastering. The attenuator settings on the front easily allow you to change input headroom giving you the ability to hit the front end hotter or colder depending on what the material calls for. And don’t be afraid to run the B2 Bomber hot, it only sounds better. Couple that with an extremely low jitter clock source, and you have the B2 Bomber DAC, the most significant piece of gear in your studio.
- 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 2 channel ADC
- Proprietary, high definition, BURL Audio BX1 transformer input
- All class A, discrete transistors signal path with zero feedback, zero caps
- Audiophile quality 6 position attenuator with standard headroom settings
- High definition metering with simultaneous RMS and peak indication
- Two AES and one SPDIF output with dual AES wire support
- BNC word clock input with two outputs of extremely low jitter clock
- Frequencty resonse at 48kHz sample rate is 12Hz to 22kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- Frequencty resonse at 96kHz sample rate is 15Hz to 46kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- Frequencty resonse at 192kHz sample rate is 18Hz to 94kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- 120dB Dynamic Range (A- weighted), 117dB (no weighting)
- -100dB THD+N (+4dBU = -15dBFs)
- -94 dB THD+N (+18dBU = -1dBFs)
- Rugged, Made in USA design
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Burl Audio B2 Bomber DAC (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields