- Rupert Neve’s legacy of kindness will live on as long as his important contributions to the recording studio. In honor of what would have been his 95th birthday, Vintage King and Rupert Neve Designs are launching the #ThankYouRupert campaign. We will be randomly giving away exclusive pins in hopes of inspiring others to do great things in Rupert's name. We ask that if you receive a pin, you pay it forward. In its simplest form, paying it forward means to pass on an act of kindness to someone else. This could mean you make a charitable donation to a worthwhile organization or volunteer your time to give back to others. You can even use your skills in the studio to mentor an up-and-coming engineer or artist. Continue reading →
- There are few tools in recording studio lore that are as underappreciated as the talkback microphone. Yet, when you find just the right one, there is nothing quite like it. That's why Vintage King is extremely excited to announce the TBM4-1 Talkback Modeling Microphone, a stunning new way for engineers and artists to connect in the studio. The Vintage King TBM4-1 is a modeling microphone that brings world-class emulations of every essential talkback mic right to your desktop. The TBM4-1 features a classic gooseneck design with a 100% analog signal path that allows engineers to talk to artists with impressive clarity. Want to infuse the sound of vintage console talkback mics or the one on the front of your favorite interface? Take digital control over these talkback mic emulations and get essential sounds for all of your in-studio conversations. Continue reading →
- Vintage King has been helping clients outfit their studios with the best in pro audio for over 25 years. As co-founders Mike and Andrew Nehra set the course for the burgeoning business in its earliest days, they had a vision for a one-of-a-kind showroom experience that would leave customers in awe. Cut to the beginning of 2012, as Vintage King...
- There's just something about the holiday season that makes you feel like sharing with others. With the spirit of giving in mind, we're doing a little giveaway and awarding one lucky subscriber to our YouTube page a $500 gift card. You can use it on microphones, mic preamps, interfaces, acoustic treatment, cables, Vintage King t-shirts... Spend it however you want! How do you enter? It's simple. Watch our YouTube video explaining the giveaway below. In order to officially put your name in the drawing, you'll need to "Thumbs-Up" the contest video, subscribe to our YouTube page, and leave a comment on the video explaining what you would use the gift card for. Continue reading →
- The holidays are here and we're certainly feeling it at Vintage King Audio. Our deep appreciation of all things vintage extends to the lost art of the classic holiday music compilation. So this year, we thought we'd try our hand at it. Seven Vintage King Audio staff members contributed tracks to our new compilation, Merry And Bright. Some served up fiery songs from their current music projects, some collaborated with family members, and others hit the studio by themselves to create unique sounds. Continue reading →
- Earlier today, our friends over at Reverb shared a video that highlights Vintage King Audio via a trip through the Vintage King Tech Shop. Vintage King Audio co-founder Mike Nehra acts as your tour guide telling stories from the company's past and showing off some prized vintage gear currently in the shop. If you haven't had a chance to check out Reverb's video, you can watch it below. Afterward, continue reading to learn more about the gear featured in the video, including classic pieces from Neumann, Neve, Telefunken/TAB, Universal Audio, and API Audio. Continue reading →