- In the realm of pro audio, continued learning of new techniques is vital to perfecting your craft. Luckily, there are many incredible resources out there for further educating yourself in the world of engineering and production. Some forms of media are great for dipping your toes in and learning a new trick, but podcasts can expand on new information in a more long-form approach. Podcasting has truly become a highly effective platform for learning in our industry. World-class engineers regularly can be found talking on podcasts about many of their integral practices, all without the hindrances of time constraints and visuals. Who better to learn from than the people making timeless sounding records and the hits of today? No one. Continue reading →
- In a short period of time, Julian Traverse has made a name for himself around the world with the brilliant Traverse Analogue 652 dual-channel mic preamp. Traverse Analogue's reputation is staked on boutique-level craftsmanship and the 652's tube-based circuitry, which lights up any source passing through it with plenty of rich harmonic content. We recently sat down to talk with Julian about the company, his journey into pro audio, his mentors, and more. Watch our demo of the Traverse Analogue 652 below and continue on after to read our full Behind The Gear conversation. Continue reading →
- A few weeks ago, the pro audio community suffered a tremendous loss when Rupert Neve passed away at the age of 94. Known to many as the father of modern recording, Rupert's passing shook colleagues, fans and musicians alike. He was known for being an incredibly kind man and a brilliant innovator who inspired legions of music makers with his...
- Nestled in among the other small one-level buildings in the sleepy beachside streets of Ventura, California, sits an unassuming old storefront. The sun-baked exterior and paper-lined windows offer a distinct contrast to what lay inside, the brain trust of one of the world's exciting pedal makers, Meris. Unboxing a Meris pedal or 500 Series module is an experience unlike any other. This is thanks in part to Engineer/Founder Terry Burton, DSP Engineer/VP Angelo Mazzocco, and Creative Director Jinna Kim. Each aspect of the brand's products, whether it be packaging and artwork or design and function, offer up a connective aesthetic and sound that is distinctly their own. Continue reading →
- It’s hard to believe that we’re already over halfway through 2019. So far, it’s been a huge year for groundbreaking creative software and plug-ins. From analog emulations with unprecedented accuracy to innovative new plug-ins, there’s never been a better time to mix in-the-box. In this blog, we’re breaking down some of the hottest plug-ins released so far this year. Continue reading →