- Rupert Neve’s legacy of kindness will live on as long as his important contributions to the recording studio. In honor of what would have been his 95th birthday, Vintage King and Rupert Neve Designs are launching the #ThankYouRupert campaign. We will be randomly giving away exclusive pins in hopes of inspiring others to do great things in Rupert's name. We ask that if you receive a pin, you pay it forward. In its simplest form, paying it forward means to pass on an act of kindness to someone else. This could mean you make a charitable donation to a worthwhile organization or volunteer your time to give back to others. You can even use your skills in the studio to mentor an up-and-coming engineer or artist. Continue reading →
- A few weeks ago, the pro audio community suffered a tremendous loss when Rupert Neve passed away at the age of 94. Known to many as the father of modern recording, Rupert's passing shook colleagues, fans and musicians alike. He was known for being an incredibly kind man and a brilliant innovator who inspired legions of music makers with his...
- If you've been considering the new Neve 8424 recording console for your studio, the historic pro audio brand has just sweetened the deal for you. When you purchase an 8424 before December 31st, 2020 from Vintage King, you will receive a $5000 credit for Neve outboard gear that you can use however you see fit. This $5000 credit for Neve outboard gear can be used at the time of purchase, and must be spent before June 30, 2021. The credit is limited to strictly Neve outboard gear, which means it can not be used towards the 8424, Genesys/Genesys Black, 88RS, and DFC consoles and options. Continue reading →
- As Universal Audio continues to expand the LUNA Production System, the brand keeps finding ways to offer more analog sounds. The brand new LUNA Analog Essentials Bundles released today features a number of add-ons that are classics in the world of the recording studio, including API Summing. That's right, Universal Audio is packing the LUNA Analog Essentials Bundle with Neve Summing, Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder, Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder, and API Summing. LUNA users will now be able to use these summing and tape extensions seamlessly within the production system and be able to take advantage of their analog sound on every channel. Continue reading →
- The new Neve 8424 is a hand-built 24-channel analog mixing and recording console that seamlessly integrates with all of the equipment in your studio for a streamlined workflow. This desk is the intuitive and ergonomic link between your analog outboard gear/instruments and your DAW and plug-ins and also offers easy internal recall of all console settings. Neve's latest console offers dual-channel inputs, enabling you to switch between recording and mixing inputs at the press of a button. With Marinair transformers, two authentic 1073 preamps and classic EQ circuitry, the 8424 delivers the classic 80-series Neve sound in a compact frame. And with two open 500 series slots, you can easily expand your tone with your favorite outboard signal processors. Continue reading →
- AMS Neve has announced an exciting new promo that will net you big savings when you bring home a Genesys Black console. When you order a new AMS Neve Genesys Black console from Vintage King Audio, you'll receive a monitor section digital converter option for free. That's $2750 in savings! The AMS Neve Genesys Black blends the best in classic and modern console design. The console is digitally controlled, but features the beloved analog circuitry that AMS Neve has built its reputation on. Offering up classic 1073 mic/line preamps, hands-on DAW control, 4-band EQ, and a modular make-up, the Genesys Black is the perfect way to get the Neve sound in your studio. Continue reading →
- For over 25 years, Vintage King Audio has been home to a world-class tech shop that lovingly revives the gear of the classic recording studio era. This one-of-a-kind restoration process extends to even the biggest of projects, as our technicians have breathed new life into hundreds of recording consoles throughout our history. Over at the Vintage King Tech Shop, our console techs are currently preparing to start work on a vintage Neve 8058. Perhaps one of the best known recording consoles, the Neve 8058 was introduced to the world in the mid-70s and quickly earned a reputation for its larger than life sound. They are considered by many to be the holy grail for tracking and mixing. Continue reading →
- Justin Weiss, a technician over at the Vintage King Tech Shop, has been hard at work restoring and modding 16 vintage Neve 31102 modules. These input modules were designed and intended for use in Neve's large-format recording and mixing consoles, including the 8058 and 8068. These were the first "in-line monitor" desks on the market and gave the engineer tracking and monitoring options at each channel. We'll let Justin take it from here: "Think of a quad summing mixer with small fader and extended mixdown capabilities and a global Mic/Line input switching option. This is the main reason a 31102 is different from all other 10-series (1066, 1073, 1084, etc) modules. The module, on its own, was built with a 10468 Mic input transformer inside and sensitivity switch (gain) setup for only mic levels. The line input signals comes from a companion 32430 Mixdown Switching Module (Line or Tape Returns) located directly below the 31102 in the 8058/68 desk. The switching module gives the user a Line trim missing from the sensitivity of the 31102 gain switch. So, again, the 31102 module was designed around the 8058/68 signal flow. It is worth realizing the purpose of the BA106 board being a buffer between the output of the line input switching module and the EQ built within the 31102 circuits. Continue reading →