- You know how we do around these parts. At the start of every month, we drop a new YouTube giveaway and offer our followers the chance to win a killer prize. We've got something special for our July giveaway that is sure to please pedal connoisseurs, synth fans and engineers alike. The Meris Hedra is a three-voice rhythmic pitch shifter...
- Those who are fortunate enough to take the journey to the annual NAMM Show know that when you step out onto that floor, you're bound to find something that completely rocks your world. Something huge, something wild, something you've never seen before. For the past four years or so, Chase Bliss Audio has been the brand doing most of the mindblowing in the pedal realm. Let's go back to the 2019 NAMM Show. Chase Bliss Audio owner and designer Joel Korte debuts a first of its kind pedal dubbed the Automatone Preamp MKII. It features motorized faders that adjust automatically when cycling through presets. We've seen it in the studio for years, so why not go there with a pedal? And just like that, the pedal becomes an instant success because of its innovation and fantastic sounds. Continue reading →
- Keeping up with current guitar pedal releases can sometimes seem like a full-time job, there are just so many innovative brands who keep pushing the envelope and finding new ways to recreate classics. We wouldn't trade this embarrassment of riches for the world and that's why we put together a new video featuring our choices for the hottest pedals and effects of 2020 so far. Our list starts with the Vongon Paragraphs, an outstanding analog four-pole resonant low pass filter pedal that has been flying off the shelves for the company. Next, the legendary Shin-Ei line is back, and we're talking specifically about the picture-perfect fuzz of the Companion. Rounding out the pedal selections on our list, Strymon discontinued its long-time compression option in the OB-1, but it's now back with the impeccable Compadre. Continue reading →
- Before Meris began making some of the most cutting edge pedals in the industry, the brand actually got its start with a handful of 500 Series releases. The latest creation from Meris sees them returning to form with the Hedra 500 Series. For those who are wondering, this is the same 3-voice intelligent pitch shifter that was released in pedal form and made my list of the hottest releases of 2019. The new 500 Series version accels with pro audio grade components and is ideal for both tracking and mixing during your next session. Continue reading →
- It's been an incredible week at the 2020 NAMM show, one that will have the pro audio community buzzing all the way until next year's show. There was a monumental amount of new releases on the convention center floor, and we're here to tell you about the best of what we saw. From new monitors and outboard gear to interfaces and converters, the new releases at NAMM are all about bettering your audio signal and simplifying workflow. Read below to discover our top ten releases from the NAMM Show and check out our New At NAMM category to see everything that was announced. Continue reading →
- Nestled in among the other small one-level buildings in the sleepy beachside streets of Ventura, California, sits an unassuming old storefront. The sun-baked exterior and paper-lined windows offer a distinct contrast to what lay inside, the brain trust of one of the world's exciting pedal makers, Meris. Unboxing a Meris pedal or 500 Series module is an experience unlike any other. This is thanks in part to Engineer/Founder Terry Burton, DSP Engineer/VP Angelo Mazzocco, and Creative Director Jinna Kim. Each aspect of the brand's products, whether it be packaging and artwork or design and function, offer up a connective aesthetic and sound that is distinctly their own. Continue reading →
- When it comes to Meris, pedal enthusiasts can always expect the unexpected. Earlier today, the innovative brand announced the release of the Hedra and they are once again living up to that reputation. This 3-voice rhythmic pitch shifter is unlike anything to come before it. Simply put, the Hedra is a behemoth. Blistering guitar harmony leads that track unbelievably well? Check! Getting polyphonic sounds from your monosynth? Got it! Individual delays on each voice? Oh yeah, big time. Continue reading →