- In early August, API introduced API Select, a series of six releases that combined technology purchased by the storied brand over the years with homegrown innovations. The API Select lineup includes the T12 Tube 2-Channel Mic Preamplifier, T25 2-Channel Tube Compressor, SR22 Dual-Channel Compressor, SR24 Dual Channel Equalizer, TranZformer GTR Pedal and TranZformer CMP Pedal. Continue reading →
- API has announced the introduction of the API Select range, a new product lineup that breaks from the brand's classic mold. These fresh offerings incorporate unique technology that API has purchased through the decades with its own homegrown designs. "Over the years, we’ve acquired the technology and experience to engineer and produce audio products that don’t necessarily conform to API’s classic component structure or topography," API President Larry Droppa says. “API Select gives us the opportunity to offer gear that’s very high quality, but that’s different from API’s legendary line of classic products." Continue reading →
- After many successful years producing the 527 compressor/limiter, API Audio is proud to announce the new 527A ($1135.25). The original 527 quickly gained a great reputation for its versatility, so API has built upon it by adding improvements to make it even more convenient to use. API retained the circuit of the former 527, so you’ll feel right at home...
- API consoles hold a special place in recording lore. Countless classics bear the brand's sonic punch and color, including Fleetwood Mac's Rumours and Prince's Purple Rain. Universal Audio has just announced that it will be making the API console experience more widely available to a new generation of music makers via the LUNA API Vision Console Emulation Bundle ($699). In case you've missed out, Universal Audio's LUNA Recording System is a new platform for recording, mixing and mastering that integrates seamlessly with Apollo interfaces. There are loads of features that add to your workflow and improve speed, not to mention, it's free for Thunderbolt Mac users! Universal Audio has been dropping new extension bundles featuring emulations and virtual instruments and today's API announcement is one of the most exciting yet. Continue reading →
- Hailing from Atlanta, Georgia, Bill Jabr is a world-class producer, musician and engineer who has hosted hip-hop elite like Childish Gambino, André 3000, Juice Wrld and Travis Scott at his Blue Room studios. Under the banner of Blue Room, Bill and his partners have built out two amazing studios including Blue South in the ATL and the newer Blue West in Los Angeles. With the buildout of Blue West, Bill was looking to install a centerpiece that carried the weight and punch of a classic API console. While he had always wanted an API 1608, the brand's newly debuted 2448 was an even better fit for the studio and Bill worked with Vintage King Audio Consultant Chris Karn to bring the desk home. Continue reading →
- As Universal Audio continues to expand the LUNA Production System, the brand keeps finding ways to offer more analog sounds. The brand new LUNA Analog Essentials Bundles released today features a number of add-ons that are classics in the world of the recording studio, including API Summing. That's right, Universal Audio is packing the LUNA Analog Essentials Bundle with Neve Summing, Studer® A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder, Ampex® ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder, and API Summing. LUNA users will now be able to use these summing and tape extensions seamlessly within the production system and be able to take advantage of their analog sound on every channel. Continue reading →