Search results for 'first listen'
- Chris Lord-Alge is a man who needs no introduction. With hundreds of album credits to his name, his body of work is impressive to say the least. His mixes are huge and dynamic, and can leave most engineers slapping their head and saying, "How'd he do that?" As a longtime friend of Vintage King, Chris was an obvious first choice for our "20 Questions" series. Chris gives us some great insight into his work ethic, favorite gear and the music he loves. Continue reading →
- Perhaps best known as Sean Paul’s manager, Jeremy Harding initially made a name for himself as a producer, behind such hits as Beenie Man’s “Sim Simma (Who Am I),” Mad Cobra’s “Pet & Pamper,” along with Sean Paul’s “Infiltrate” and “Baby Girl” to name a few. Harding’s production credit and phone number were printed on Paul’s early 45s, which led to interested booking agents getting in touch with Harding to set up the artist’s first live shows. Continue reading →
- It is nearly impossible to have avoided the work of Greg Wells. The Los Angeles-based musician and Grammy nominated record producer has blossomed throughout the last decade, working with the who's who of artists. Wells has produced and/or written with Timbaland featuring OneRepublic, Mika, Deftones, Rufus Wainwright, Pink, Creeper Lagoon, Natasha Bedingfield, Team Sleep, Anna Waronker and The Veronicas. Continue reading →
- If you’ve listened to Avril Lavigne’s multi-platinum albums, you’re already familiar with the musical talent of Evan Taubenfeld. The Baltimore native was Lavigne’s musical director and lead guitarist from 2001 to 2004. He co-wrote several tracks on her last few albums, including the Gold single “Don’t Tell Me” from Under My Skin, “Hot” from The Best Damn Thing, and toured the world with her in support of her 6x-platinum debut, Let Go. Continue reading →
- Throughout our new series, Producer's Corner, we will be chronicling the men and women in the producer's chair and talking about how they achieve the sounds that made them famous. With in-depth talk about the gear they use, these blogs will detail both highly sought after new equipment and classic staples of the recording industry. In our first installment, Vintage King sets our sights on Grammy Award Winning producer Armando Avila. The famed producer, and Vintage King client of many years, has worked with the likes of RBD, Aleks Syntek, La Quinta Estacion, Belinda, Allison, Moderatto, Gloria Trevi, Natalia Lafourcade, Alejandra Guzman, OV7 and many others. Continue reading →