- One of our recent Tech Shop restorations is featured in the November issue of Electronic Musician! For the recording of the latest trio of records, the band dropped their Dalcon board from their studio, Jingletown Recording Studios, and picked up a Neve 8068 32-channel console from Vintage King. Continue reading →
- In the 83rd episode of Pensado's Place. Dave and Herb are joined by GRAMMY Award-winning mix engineer Tom Elmhirst!
- Vintage King is excited to announce that the Gefell CMV 563 M7S has just started shipping. If you're familiar with mic history, those letters and numbers are no coincidence. Gefell has officially returned to producing one of its most highly acclaimed microphones in the brand's history. The original 1956-born tube condenser mic features an interchangeable capsule system, making it a beyond-viable option for nearly any application. The storied mic-maker has successfully bridged its decades-long production gap by ensuring that the new and vintage capsules are seamlessly interchangeable. Continue reading →
- Vintage King was extremely honored to have the Pensado's Place crew come to our new pro audio store in Los Angeles. Jeff Ehrenberg, the store's manager and creator, gave a personal tour of the facilities including the showroom, critical listening room and the Infrasonic mastering studio. Continue reading →
- The Chandler Germanium 500 MKII is an updated version of the brand's classic Germanium 500 Series module. Despite an improved faceplate layout, the rest of the specs remain true to the original version of the Germanium, including all Class A, transformer balanced circuits. You'll get all the same sounds that you've always known to get from this new piece of gear from Chandler Limited. Continue reading →
- In this video series, Al Sutton of Acme Audio talks about the Acme Opticom XLA-3 with Mike Nehra of Vintage King Audio. This optical audio limiter brings together the best of three compression curves into one single piece of gear. Built to military specifications, the Opticom will bring dynamic sounds to your tracking process, ranging from dirty to clean and back. Continue reading →