Universal Audio has announced that next-generation connectivity for the brand's powerhouse DSP accelerator is here! The new UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 QUAD and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 OCTO will now be available to add processing power to your rig via Thunderbolt 3 connection.
Not only do the new UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 QUAD and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 OCTO offer you the ability to run plug-ins via Thunderbolt 3, but the accelerators also offer backward compatibility with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 devices. You also instantly get access to Universal Audio's Analog Classics Plus bundle, which features many of the brand's classic plug-ins from Neve, Pultec, Fairchild, and more.
If you're interested in adding the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 to your set-up, this week is the perfect time to pick one up as Universal Audio is offering a flash sale on custom plug-in bundles. Through Friday, September 20th, you’ll be able to save up to 43% off custom bundles of three, six, and 10 plug-ins. The price of the three plug-in bundle hasn’t changed, but you will receive an extra plug-in for free.
Read below to learn more about the specs of the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 QUAD and OCTO from Universal Audio:
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a powerhouse DSP accelerator that gives Mac and Windows 10 users complete access to the world’s most detailed and authentic analog emulation plug-ins, available exclusively on the UAD platform.
Bolstered by next-generation connectivity — and backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 UA devices — UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 lets users run large professional mixes with the rich analog character of award-winning UA-developed plug-ins, including exclusive titles from Neve, Fender, Lexicon, Studer, and many more.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 Key Features
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt 3 on modern Mac and Windows 10 systems (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 devices)
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Helios, and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other Thunderbolt-equipped UAD-2 devices including PCIe card(s), UA Audio Interfaces, and additional Satellites
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports for daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
Also available with Custom software packages featuring user-selectable plug-ins
* UAD-2 Satellite OCTO Custom package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle plus a choice of 3, 6, or 10 individual UAD plug-ins, selectable during product registration.
Universal Audio Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt 3 System Requirements
Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
Available Thunderbolt 3 port
Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
6GB available storage