Meet The New Electro-Harmonix Synth9 Synthesizer Machine
Over the past few years, Electro-Harmonix has been creating incredible pedals that bring the tones and sounds of classic key-based instruments to your pedalboard. Like the Mel9, B9, C9 and Key9 before it, the brand new Synth9 delivers on the same concept, but this time EHX is offering up nine familiar sounds from throughout the history of the synthesizer.
For guitarists and bassists who love the sounds of Parliament Funkadelic, Kraftwerk, Gary Numan and beyond, the Synth9 opens a door to another world of synth sounds that were never available before in one stompbox. The pedal comes packed with nine presets that are modeled after classic synthesizers and respond differently to the two unique control knobs, CTRL 1 and CTRL 2. Check out the presets as EHX describes them below.
1. OBX – An emulation of the meaty sounding Oberheim® OB-X.
2. PROFIT V – The Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 provides inspiration for our versatile PROFIT V preset.
3. VIBE SYNTH – A polyphonic synthesizer with decaying harmonic content and vibrato.
4. MINI MOOD – A big sounding Moog® inspired synthesizer that blends a portamento synth with a non-portamento synth.
5. EHX MINI – An emulation of the classic Electro-Harmonix Mini Synth.
6. SOLO SYNTH – A fuzz-synth preset where a synth oscillator and a fuzz square wave guitar are combined to create one single extreme synth tone!
7. MOOD BASS – The Mini Moog® and Taurus pedals served as inspiration for this preset. MOOD BASS works best when played monophonically.
8. STRING SYNTH – Our emulation of an ARP® string synth. Inspired by the Korg® Polysix.
Vintage King's Dustin McLaughlin explored the in-depth synth sounds of the EHX Synth9 in a brand new demo video. Watch below to see the immense amount of different sounds you can get from the pedal and what you can do when pairing it with a guitar, bass or even another synthesizer. To get your own Synth9 today, please click here.