Behringer Model D Analog Synthesizer
The Behringer Model D is an extreme sound shaping tool at a very affordable price. The Model D includes the original “D Type” circuitry and matched JFETs found in all classic Behringer gear that covers a variety of tones from dirty sub-bass to rock organs to lush soundscapes.
Use the pure analog signal path with classic VCO, VCF and VCA circuits to recreate all the classic signature synth sounds of the 70s and 80s. Expand those tones into unique and original sounds that will hold up in any modern production with the unlimited flexibility of the Model D.
The Model D includes three highly flexible VCOs which provide up to five waveforms for generating your tone. The first two oscillators provide the option of Triangle, Triangle/Saw, Saw, Square, Wide Pulse, and Narrow Pulse. The third oscillator features Triangle, Reverse Saw, Saw, Square, Wide Pulse and Narrow Pulse. Each of the VCOs have a six-octave range.
Just like any other classic synth, the power of sound design ultimately lies in the 24 dB ladder filter. The filter allows you to adjust the cutoff frequency, emphasis, and contour of each sound. The filter can be adjusted to work as a high or low pass filter. The filter section also includes controls for Attack, Decay and Sustain which affect the cutoff frequency with time.
The VCA decay works similar to the standard ADSR Release control, which will determine the length of time the note sustains after the key is released. One of the biggest advantages to the Model D is the option of filter-keytracking, which will adjust the filtering applied depending on what note is being played.
Add modulation by engaging the Filter Modulation switch, and use the mod mix control to dial in the perfect blend. Modulation options include Tune, Mod Depth, LFO Rate and Glide. The tune control is only applied to oscillators one and two. The internal noise generator can be set to either white or pink noise, the use of noise is great way to expand the overall depth and grit of the waveform.
Although the Model D is a monophonic synthesizer, the included 16-note Poly Chain function allows you to control multiple external synths at a time and generate up to 16-voice polyphonic sounds.
The Model D is semi-modular by design, meaning no patching is required to begin generating unique sounds, all that is required is a MIDI, DIN or USB connection to your favorite keyboard or software synths. If you already have a Eurorack Modular Synth setup, the Model D can be fully integrated and triggered through the use of patch cables, and will comfortably fit within a Eurorack case.
With a total of 29 knobs and 19 switches all laid out in a very user friendly fashion, it’s never been easier and more affordable to generate a world class synthesizer.
- Legendary analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Behringer Model D Analog Synthesizer.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields