Barefoot Sound MicroSUB - Single (Demo Deal) – No Longer Available
Delivering deep and clean bass, the Barefoot Sound MicroSUB is all about linear response. Barefoot used their smart force-canceling dual-subwoofer design inside a sealed cabinet, reaching down to 22Hz while rolling off at 1/3 the rate of ported subs. Whereas ported designs lose damping and stability at subsonic frequencies, the MicroSUB's damping actually increases. All in all, it's an exceptional sub ready to seamlessly transform even the tinest of monitors into a powerful full-range system.
- Dual force-canceling design
- Near-zero vibration for placement flexibility
Dual force-canceling design
A hallmark of Barefoot Sound's monitors is the force-canceling sub design. By pitting the two 10" subs in opposite directions, the forces cancel each other out keeping the monitor stable and delivering a more accurate image. Here, the MicroSUB complements the 10" woofers with a 5" midbass section, helping extend the frequency response from 20Hz up to 1.6kHz. Onboard there's 120/80/60Hz crossover as well as a stepped 1dB level-adjust attenuator.
Near-zero vibration for placement flexibility
Thanks to the MicroSUB's smart design, the sub remains stable with near-zero vibration. Place it on the floor, mount it on a stand, tuck it on the meter bridge close to the monitors...wherever it fits, the MicroSUB belongs. You can also mount the cabinet vertically or horizontally using the included pedestals.
Barefoot Sound MicroSUB features:
- 2-way active sealed-box subwoofer with extended bandwidth
- Subwoofer Input Controls: stepped attenuator level adjust (+6dB to -16dB), mid/sub amplifier mutes, +10 dB gain
- Crossover Controls: 120/80/60Hz frequency select, crossover In/Out
- Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
- Bass Response: -3dB @ 22Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Pass Band Response: 26Hz - 1.6kHz (+/- 1.5dB), -3dB upper cutoff at 2kHz
- Cabinet: 32 liters total internal volume, sealed sub enclosure, sealed midbass enclosure, machined aluminum front baffle plate
- Midbass Crossover Frequency: 95Hz
- Midbass: 5" poly cone, sealed rear waveguide enclosure
- Midbass Power: 250W
- Dual Subwoofers: 10" aluminum cones, 1" peak-to-peak linear excursion
- Subwoofer Power: 500W
- AC Power Input: nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption: idle 30W, maximum 675W
- Speaker Weight: 65 lbs. each (30 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 73 lbs. each (33 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 20.5 x 9.5 x 15.25 inches (521 x 241 x 387 mm)
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Barefoot Sound MicroSUB - Single (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields