Barefoot Sound MicroMain26 - Pair (Demo Deal)
MEME™ TechnologyDespite the advantages of high resolution monitors, Thomas Barefoot realizes that many engineers still use their NS10M’s † and mix cubes as secondary references. These speakers have long traditions and people find them familiar and useful for focusing in on certain aspects of their mix. However, crowding one’s console with those extra boxes degrades the sound field of the primary reference monitors. Not to mention, they are no longer manufactured, they need amplifiers, cable runs, and they consume more studio space. The solution is to make the MM26 sound and translate like those speakers. With the turn of a knob one can switch from the MicroMain26′s brutally revealing “Flat” response to the warmer and sweeter “Hi-Fi” setting, generically emulating the sound of some high end consumer audio gear. More specifically the “Old School” setting closely emulates the sound of the NS10M nearfield, while the “Cube” setting emulates the mid-centric sound of classic mix cubes The idea is not to perfectly replicate every subtle quirk of these venerable old speakers. That would be impossible. But the MM26 can capture the essence of how they behave and translate, modeling their frequency, phase and transient responses, dynamic compression and even specific distortion components. If you know how to work on these speakers you will feel very comfortable working on the new MM26′s emulation settings.
- Controls: Analog/AES3 input select, AES3 L/R channels select, Input level stepped attenuator, Subwoofer level, Emulation voice select
- Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 45kHz (±3dB), 40Hz – 40kHz (±1dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 30Hz, Q = 0.707
- Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 32 liters total internal volume, Sealed subwoofer, woofer and mid enclosures, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Aluminum subwoofer frames function as lateral cabinet bracing, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout
- Crossover Frequencies: 100 / 800 / 4000 Hz
- Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Advanced geometry motor, Rear waveguide chamber
- Amplifier: 180W Hypex
- Midrange: 2.5″ aluminum cone, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 2 mm linear excursion
- Amplifier: 180W Hypex
- Woofers: 2 x 5.25″ poly/paper cone, Advanced geometry neodymium motor, +/- 5 mm linear excursion
- Amplifier: 250W Hypex
- Subwoofers: 2 x 10″ aluminum cone with high linearity motor, +/- 13 mm linear excursion
- Amplifier: 500W Hypex
- AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption: Idle: 30W, Maximum: 650W
- Weight: Speaker: 71 lbs each (32 kg)
- Shipping: 83 lbs each (38 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 20.5 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches (521 x 241 x 394 mm)
- Overall: 20.5 x 10.5 x 17.4 inches (521 x 267 x 442 mm)
"I loved my Barefoot MicroMain 27's, but the MicroMain 26's are really a new generation of improvement in the midrange. Damn impressive."
- Michael Brauer
"Just as I knew that within 30 seconds of hearing the MM27s I had to have a pair, the same held true for the MM26s. The sonic clarity, punch and ability to hear (and therefore mould) frequencies, transients and low end is superior to any other speaker in its class. The MM26s add an enhanced midrange which gives them super 3D detail in your vocals, drums and guitars. I absolutely love them.”
- Rik Simpson, Grammy award winning producer, engineer, mixer & musician (Coldplay, Jay Z, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club)
† NS10M is a trademark of Yamaha Corp. and has no affiliation with Barefoot Sound.
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Unit Weight||71 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Monitor Application||Near-Field, Mid-Field|
|driver_sizes||Tweeter: 1" ring radiator / Midrange: 2.25" aluminum cone / Woofer: 5.25" poly, paper cone / Subwoofer: 10" aluminum cone|
|Number of Speakers||Pair|
|Input Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||Tweeter: 180 W Hypex / Midrange: 180 W Hypex / Woofer: 250 W Hypex / Subwoofer: 500 W Hypex|
|Impedance||Input: 50 kOhms|
|Frequency Range||30 Hz - 45 kHz, ± 3 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Barefoot Sound MicroMain26 - Pair (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields