Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 - Single – No Longer Available
A speaker whose reputation speaks for itself. The Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 has quickly earned a primary role in the studios of Michael Brauer, Butch Vig, Rich Costey, Mark Linett...the list goes on and on. Why? It's compact, powerful, and, above all, neutral. Dubbed a "nearfield on steroids," the 3-way MM27 breaks down the barrier between nearfields, mains and mastering monitors. It may well be the only monitor you ever need.
- Nearfield size with the power of a main and clarity of a mastering speaker
- Integrated dual 10" subwoofer design supports clean upper bass and mids
Nearfield size with the power of a main and clarity of a mastering speaker
As the project studio emerged in the early 2000s, Thomas Barefoot recognized the need for a studio monitor that delivered big-time performance in a limited space. His ultimate goal was to eliminate the need for multiple monitors and create one everyday workhorse that never needed to be second-guessed. The result is the MicroMain27, packed with the authority of a main monitor with the clarity and depth of a mastering speaker, all in a nearfield size that feels at home in studios big and small. Handcrafted in San Francisco, the MM27 is your "nearfield on steroids," behaving and translating like a nearfield, just with more controlled and far more extended bass response.
Integrated dual 10" subwoofer design supports clean upper bass and mids
Part of the magic that makes the MM27 work so well is the integrated dual 10" subwoofers. Working alongside a 1" soft-dome tweeter and dual 5" midbass drivers, the two subs are housed in compact sealed enclosures, yielding stable LF control and excellent impulse response. Because the sub motor structures are locked together, the opposing forces cancel each other out, keeping the MM27 steady even at roaring output levels. Even more importantly, the integrated sub design takes the pressure off the mid-bass drivers, resulting in a dramatically cleaned-up upper bass and midrange. All in all, the MM27 delivers an ultra-linear response extending from 38Hz-20kHz. It's ideal for critical listening, when it counts.
Barefoot MicroMain27 features:
- 3-way active monitor with integral subs
- Controls: Input level attenuator, Twt/Mid/Sub amplifier mutes, crossover voicing select
- Input Impedance: 50k Ohm
- Frequency Response: 38Hz-20 kHz (+/- 1.5dB)
- Bass Response: -3dB @ 33Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope: 12dB/octave
- Cabinet: 32 liters total internal volume, sealed sub enclosure, individual sealed midbass enclosures, machined aluminum front baffle plate
- Crossover Frequencies: 110/2500Hz
- Tweeter: 1" soft dome, rear waveguide chamber
- Tweeter Power: 60W
- Dual Midbasses: 5" poly cones, sealed rear waveguide enclosures
- Midbass Power: 250W
- Dual Subwoofers: 10" aluminum cones, 1" peak-to-peak linear excursion
- Subwoofer Power: 500W
- AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption Idle: 30W (250mA @ 120VAC)
- Maximum Power Consumption: 675W
- Standby Mode Power Consumption: 10W (100mA @ 120VAC)
- Speaker Weight: 71 lbs. each (32 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 79 lbs. each (36 kg)
- Dimensions: HxWxD 20.5 x 9.5 x 15.25 inches (521 x 241 x 387mm)
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Monitor Application||Near-Field, Mid-Field|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Barefoot Sound MicroMain27 - Single becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.