Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 4.5-Way Active Monitor Tower - Pair
The Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 is Barefoot’s most advanced monitoring system to date. This astonishing modular monitoring tower combines an innovative 4.5-way active design with 10 state-of-the-art drivers, advanced DSP technology and nearly 3,500 total watts of power for unparalleled performance. The MasterStack12 is ideal for large format studios, and is the leading choice for professional audio engineers and producers around the world, including Chris Lord-Alge, Skrillex and more.
In a typical 4-way system, the subwoofers, woofers, mid-range drivers and tweeters all operate within their own designated frequency range. But Barefoot’s cutting-edge 4.5-way design uses different frequency ranges for each woofer to deliver a more even and balanced sound. All three woofers extend down to 80 Hz for extremely efficient low-frequency response. However, only the two woofers in the top enclosure extend all the way up to 200 Hz, which creates a smooth transition to the more directional high frequencies.
The MasterStack12 features a modular tower design with 10 drivers spread across two cabinets, as well as a third enclosure for signal and power distribution. Four 12-inch aluminum cone subwoofers with Dual-Force technology deliver earth shattering subs for to 18 Hz. Three 7-inch woofers work together to provide rich, deep lows, while two 2.5-inch midrange drivers offer plenty of detail and clarity. Finally, a 1-inch dual ring radiator tweeter delivers super-smooth highs all the way up to 40 Hz.
All Barefoot Sound studio monitors are equipped with Multi-Emphasis Monitor Emulation, or MEME technology, which uses sophisticated DSP processing to emulate the sound of a wide range of classic studio monitors. Quickly reference your tracks on three additional monitor profiles and ensure your mixes will translate to any environment.
“Old School” mode emulates the sound of the iconic Yamaha NS10M monitors with an edgy, midrange-forward sound. The “Cube” setting is modeled after the legendary Auratone Sound Cube, giving your mixes a boxy, lo-fi sound. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the “Hi-Fi” setting emulates the sound of consumer hi-fi systems with a sweet high-end and warm midrange. And of course, the “flat” setting delivers the signature Barefoot sound that engineers, producers and musicians around the world have grown to know and love.
- Controls: Analog/AES3 input select, AES3 L/R channels select, Input level stepped attenuator, Subwoofer level, Emulation voice select
- Input Impedance: 25 kOhm
- Frequency Response: 8 Hz – 50 kHz (±3 dB), 26 Hz – 40 kHz (±1 dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 18 Hz, Q = 0.707
- Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 180 liters total internal volume, Sealed sub enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosure, Machined aluminum baffle plate, aluminum subwoofer frames function as lateral cabinet bracing, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout
- Crossover Frequencies: 80/200/800/4000 Hz
- Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, advanced geometry motor, rear waveguide chamber; Amplifier: 25 W Hypex
- Midranges: 2 x 2.5″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, ±2 mm linear excursion; Amplifier: 250 W Hypex
- Woofers: 3 x 7″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, ±13 mm linear excursion; Amplifier: 500W Hypex
- Subwoofers: 4 x 12″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, ±25 mm linear excursion; Amplifier: 2400W Hypex
- AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption: Idle: 100 W, Maximum: 1800 W
- Weight: 280 lb per tower (127 kg) – no handles
- Shipping: 325 lb per tower (147 kg) – no handles
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 63 x 14.4 x 21.9 inches (1600 x 366 x 556 mm)
- Footprint WxD: 23 x 21.5 inches (584 x 546 mm)
Over a decade ago, Thomas Barefoot applied his expertise and experience as an engineer, scientist and inventor in the computer industry to his lifelong passion for music. Approaching the pro audio industry with a fresh pair of eyes, he concluded that every project would benefit from using monitors with the same sound quality, dynamic range and bass extension at each stage of the production process. The innovative reference monitor designs that Thomas subsequently developed not only deliver the same performance and quality from recording through mastering, they also turned the studio monitor speaker business on its head, outperforming many well-established high-end products.
|Unit Weight||280 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Monitor Application||Mid-Field, Far-Field|
|driver_sizes||Tweeter: 1" ring radiator / Midrange: 2.25" aluminum cone / Woofer: 7" aluminum cone / Subwoofer: 12" aluminum cone|
|Number of Speakers||Pair|
|Input Connectors||AES/EBU XLR, Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||Tweeter: 250 W Hypex / Midrange: 250 W Hypex / Woofer: 500 W Hypex / Subwoofer: 2400 W Hypex|
|Impedance||Input: 25 kOhms|
|Frequency Range||18 Hz - 50 kHz, ± 3 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 4.5-Way Active Monitor Tower - Pair.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields