BAE 1084 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ Pair with PSU
The BAE 1084 is a painstakingly accurate recreation of the legendary Neve 1084. Hand-wired using classic Carnhill transformers, Elma switches and Canford wire, the BAE 1084 looks, feels and sounds exactly like the original and can even be seamlessly retrofitted into vintage Neve 80 Series consoles.
The BAE 1084 uses the exact same mic and line preamp circuit as the Neve 1073—one of the most renowned preamps in the world. Just like the original Neve 1084, the BAE 1084 offers added versatility over the 1073 with a whole new palette of frequency selections and switchable Q shapes.
RECREATING A CLASSIC
The BAE 1084 features five large high-quality knobs for controlling gain and frequency selection. On the left, the blue knob controls the high-pass filter, which has a fixed slope at 18 dB per octave and is switchable between 45 Hz, 70 Hz, 160 Hz and 360 Hz.
The three grey knobs control the gain of the low shelf, mid band and high shelf, while the exterior white rings are used to select the frequency of each band. The low shelf on the offers up to 16 dB of shelving with selectable frequencies of 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz and 220 Hz.
The mid band can be used to add or cut up to 12 dB (or up to 18 dB with the Hi-Q button enabled) with an extensive selection of switchable frequencies at 360 Hz, 700 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz and 7.2 kHz.
Finally, the high band offers up to 16 dB of shelving with selectable frequencies at 10 kHz, 12 kHz, and 16 kHz.
Four push-buttons provide added functionality for a wide range of studio applications. The DI button engages the high-impedance line level input for recording direct instrument signals. The EQ button bypasses the unit, enabling you to quickly A/B EQ settings. The 48 V button provides phantom power for condenser microphones. The phase reversal button inverts the phase of a signal—perfect for recording snare bottom mics! Finally, a toggle switch on the right lets you choose between 1200 or 300 ohm microphone impedance for capturing pristine sound with any microphone.
- Made from an authentic reproduction of a Neve 1084 module
- Class A, hand-wired transformer-coupled construction
- 80 dB gain
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48 V phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 output from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- Oversize power supply provides four times the current needed for optimum sound quality
- High Frequency: ±16 dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 10 Hz, 12 kHz and 16 kHz
- Low Frequency: ±16 dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz
- Mid Range: ±12 dB or ±18 dB peaking with switchable 'High Q', selectable center frequencies of 0.36 kHz, 0.7 kHz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz & 7.2 kHz
- High Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 45 Hz, 70 Hz, 160 Hz & 360 Hz
- EQ Button: Switches the equalizer on or off
- Phase Button: 180°
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the BAE 1084 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ Pair with PSU.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields