BAE 1073 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ without PSU - Black
The BAE 1073 is the most authentic recreation of the legendary Neve 1073 ever created. This hand-wired rack mountable preamp and EQ module looks, feels and sounds exactly like the original, and can even be seamlessly retrofitted into vintage Neve 80 Series consoles. With classic Carnhill transformers, Elma switches and Canford wire, the BAE 1073 is identical to the Neve 1073 down to the very last component.
The BAE 1073 is engineered in exactly the same way as the original Neve 1073. It uses the same rugged chassis construction, durable connectors, precision-printed circuit board layouts, hand-wired looms and signature circuit designs. Even the silky-smooth Elma rotary switches and classic blue, grey and red knobs are the same. Hand-wired with high-performance Canford wire, the BAE 1073 is designed to last.
The BAE 1073 features the familiar controls you know and love. Five large high-quality knobs are used to control gain and frequency selection. On the left, the blue knob controls the high pass filter, which has a fixed slope at 18 dB per octave and is switchable between 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz and 300 Hz.
The three grey knobs control the gain of the low shelf, mid band and high shelf, while the exterior white rings are used to select the frequency of each band. The low shelf offers up to 16 dB of shelving with selectable frequencies of 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz and 220 Hz.
The mid band can be used to add or cut up to 18 dB of gain with a fixed Q And selectable frequencies at 360 Hz, 700 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz and 7.2 kHz. Finally, the high band offers up to 16 dB of shelving fixed at 12 kHz.
Four push-buttons provide added functionality for a wide range of studio applications. The DI button engages the high-impedance line level input for recording direct instrument signals. The EQ button bypasses the unit, enabling you to quickly A/B EQ settings. The 48 V button provides phantom power for condenser microphones. The phase reversal button inverts the phase of a signal—perfect for recording snare bottom mics! Finally, a toggle switch on the right lets you choose between 1200 or 300 ohm microphone impedance for capturing pristine sound with any microphone.
- All Class A, hand-wired transformer-coupled
- 80 dB of gain
- St. Ives (Carnhill) transformers, Elma switches and Canford wire
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48 V phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 output from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- High Frequency: ±16 dB fixed frequency shelving at 12 kHz
- Low Frequency: ±16 dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz & 220 Hz
- Mid Range: ±18 dB peaking, fixed 'Q' with, selectable centre frequencies of 0.36 kHz, 0.7 kHz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz & 7.2 kHz
- High Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz & 300 Hz
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the BAE 1073 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ without PSU - Black.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields