To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
BAE 1073 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ with PSU
The BAE 1073 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ is as authentic as you can get to the original, featuring the same St. Ives (Carnhill) transformers as the vintage modules, Elma switches and Canford wire.
The BAE 1073 is engineered in exactly the same way as the originals: the same chassis construction, connectors, printed circuit board layouts, hand-wired looms, and circuitry.
- All Class A, hand-wired transformer-coupled
- 80 dB of gain
- St. Ives (Carnhill) transformers, Elma switches and Canford wire
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48 V phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 output from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- Oversize power supply provides four times the current needed for optimum sound quality
- High Frequency: ±16 dB fixed frequency shelving at 12 kHz
- Low Frequency: ±16 dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz & 220 Hz
- Mid Range: ±18 dB peaking, fixed 'Q' with, selectable centre frequencies of 0.36 kHz, 0.7 kHz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4.8 kHz & 7.2 kHz
- High Pass Filter: 18 dB per octave slope, switchable between 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz & 300 Hz
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
For years Ive been wanting to add that Neve Sound to my studio but never could pull the trigger on the real deal. I also wanted something that could come with me if I need to do a vocal or guitar overdub at a location other than my studio. Once I heard BAE was releasing this 1073 I was very intrigued. I did a little research and heard that it sounds so close or even better in some people's opinions than the real deal. The first session I did with the BAE was a huge success, I had to do some vocal overdubs, electric bass and acoustic guitars. It had a mixed sound without having to do anything, the preamp was smooth and warm. Very clean on the lower input levels, but added some pleasing harmonic distortion when I drived it a touch. Even turning the EQ on without any boosts or cuts adds a little vibe, but I ended up adding a little 220 Hz and 12kHz shelf to the vocal. I used the DI for the electric bass, without any EQ it had a huge round sound, much better than the previous DI I was using. On the acoustic guitar, I hit the preamp a little harder to make it break up a bit, then used the output to send the proper level into my DAW. I dont think anything would sound bad through this preamp and EQ.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the BAE 1073 Mic/Line Preamp/EQ with PSU.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields