Avid X-Form - Electronic Delivery – No Longer Available
Avid is now shipping X-Form, a new high-quality AudioSuite plug-in for time compression/expansion and pitch-shifting.
Avid X-Form at a Glance:
- Two time-stretch/pitch-shift algorithms
- Extreme stretching with amazing sound quality
- Intuitive control
Two time-stretch/pitch-shift algorithms
To help give you the best results with a wide variety of source material, X-Form provides a choice of two time-stretching/pitch-shifting algorithms. The Polyphonic algorithm is ideal for use on complex audio files, such as chords or an entire stereo mix. This algorithm is truly "best in breed," and when used with the Transient Sensitivity control, it allows you to compress or stretch drum loops and other percussive material without losing crucial attack transients. When working with solo instruments or vocals, choose the Monophonic algorithm. Of course, experimenting with both algorithms is the key to obtaining the perfect effect.
Extreme stretching with amazing sound quality
Each of X-Form's algorithms was designed to provide exceptional results capable of preserving proper stereo imaging, attack transients, and timing accuracy-even at extreme settings. With X-Form, you can process files within a mind-blowing range of 12.5 to 800 percent of the original length (1/8 to 8x the original duration). The pitch shifting is equally impressive, allowing you to shift a file up or down three octaves with proper formant correction-even on polyphonic material-so the audio sounds completely natural. How is this possible? The secret is the X-Form plug-in's frequency domain processing, a technology proven more effective than the "frame overlap" algorithms used in most time-stretching products.
Fortunately, X-Form makes using this powerful technology ultra-intuitive. Simply choose an algorithm and let X-Form do the rest. While other products require you to experiment with a myriad of confusing controls to get the desired results, X-Form delivers natural-sounding time stretching and pitch shifting via a single "Time Shift" control and the Process button. The X-Form algorithm can even be used from within the TCE Trim Tool (for Pro Tools 7.2 or higher). Whether you work in post and need to fit audio to video clips, or produce music and want to tune a performance or sync up loops, X-Form provides seamlessly integrated professional time stretching and pitch shifting within Pro Tools.
- AudioSuite plug-in for Pro Tools|HD, LE, and M-Powered
- Professional and flexible time stretching and formant-correct pitch shifting for monophonic and polyphonic audio material
- Minimal controls for simplified workflow and professional results
- Easy-to-read display fields for viewing audio region start and stop times for both processed and unprocessed files in multiple time base formats
- Pro Tools TCE Trim Tool (for Pro Tools 7.2 or higher) support for increased time-stretching/pitch-shifting workflow efficiency
- Multichannel and multi-input phase-coherent processing
- Professional time compression/expansion with 12.5- to 800-percent range for processing a file from 1/8 to eight times its original duration
- Professional pitch shifting from three octaves below to three octaves above the original pitch
- AudioSuite file-based processing; supports Pro Tools|HD®, Pro Tools LE, Pro Tools M-Powered, and Avid DNA systems
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-in Type||Dynamics, Pitch / Vocal Processing|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Avid X-Form - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields