Avid Venue SC48 – No Longer Available
Get the amazing sound quality and rock-solid reliability of VENUE all in one compact console. Avid Venue SC48 is a fully integrated live sound system that combines all I/O, digital signal processing, and tactile control into a single console, making it the most affordable and portable VENUE system yet. The console not only features the celebrated characteristics of VENUE, including studio-quality plug-in support, seamless integration with Pro Tools LE® systems, and complete show file portability, it offers several innovative new workflows that streamline the mixing process, allowing you to concentrate on mixing the show instead of operating the board.
- Fully integrated console offers built-in I/O for stage and ancillary sources, DSP, and tactile control for ultimate portability
- Compact footprint fits small- to mid-size clubs, houses of worship, theaters, corporate events, and more
- First-rate VENUE sound quality provides amazing audio clarity in any room
- Supports professional audio plug-ins for creating studio-quality mixes live
- Pro Tools LE FireWire interface and software included for audio recording and playback system connection
- VENUE D-Show® software, the industry’s easiest, most comprehensive control software
- 48 analog mic/line XLR inputs, 16 analog line outputs (expandable to 32)
- Single expansion slot for maximizing output count or adding A-Net® connectivity
- 16 Aux Sends, 8 Groups, plus 8 mono matrixes (linkable as up to 4 stereo matrixes)
- Choice of Left-Right plus Mono or Left-Center-Right Mains bus configuration
- 26 touch-sensitive, motorized faders: 16 input, 8 output master, 1 Flex Channel, and 1 Mains
- 16 assignable, push-switch rotary encoders with multi-segment LED rings enable immediate access to key parameters
- Additional I/O, including talkback, analog and digital 2-track, GPI, MIDI, and Word Clock
Setting a new standard for sound quality, size efficiency, and price, VENUE SC48 packs all I/O, digital signal processing, and mixing control into a single compact console. The fully integrated system enables you to travel light and bring the unprecedented sound quality and creativity of VENUE to any event, or easily replace an analog console by simply dropping SC48 right into the existing cabling system. With its versatility and small footprint, you can connect stage mics and other inputs and outputs directly to the console, integrate Pro Tools LE® recording and playback for Virtual Soundcheck and show archiving, control all software functions remotely over a wired or wireless Ethernet device, and mix front-of-house and monitors using studio-quality processing.
Don’t let its small size fool you. SC48 is a powerful performer, letting you create and deliver everything from simple to complex mixes in stunning sound quality. Its studio-grade mic preamps preserve audio fidelity and imaging for complete transparency, while built-in processing, including high-quality graphic EQ and dynamics, optimize clarity. And with support for professional plug-ins built right into the console, you can easily re-create and instantly recall an artist’s signature studio sound live on stage — no other console at this price point provides you with the sheer number and breadth of sound processing choices available at your fingertips.
SC48 features a built-in Pro Tools LE FireWire interface, making it easy to connect a computer (sold separately) running Pro Tools LE software (included with SC48) to record and archive live performances or for audio playback. With VENUE and Pro Tools®, you can also perform Virtual Soundcheck — a timesaving process that lets you play tracks recorded from a previous live performance, and fine-tune your mix settings before an actual show or rehearsal without requiring the band or performers to be there.
SC48 introduces several new features — some of which you’ll only find from Avid — to optimize your workflow. Using the exclusive Channel Control, a single button press gives you immediate access and control over any channel strip function, including input parameters, EQ and dynamics, and Aux sends, using the console’s eight color-coded rotary encoders. Use the unique Flex Channel in latch mode to assign and gain perpetual access to a key channel, and never lose sight of the star of the show. Take advantage of VCA Spill, which gives you unprecedented access to specific channels within your mix without banking. And maximize your efficiency using the console’s General Purpose Interface (GPI) I/O and D-Show® software to create custom macros, enabling you to perform multiple functions by simply pressing a button, stomping a footswitch, or moving a fader.
All VENUE systems operate under one common software platform — VENUE D-Show® software, the industry’s easiest, most comprehensive control software. D-Show software sets new standards in operational efficiency and workflow, giving you instant access to and full control over any function of the system. Just a simple button push on the console or click from the screen gives you access to inputs, outputs, filing operations, snapshots, the digital patchbay, plug-ins, and user options. And because all VENUE systems share this same software platform, engineers only need to learn it once to mix on any VENUE system, big or small, and can create and load show files for use on any VENUE system.
- SC48 comes with the following items*, which you can further customize for your needs:
- VENUE SC48 console
- VENUE D-Show software
- VENUE SC48 plug-in bundle and preauthorized iLok USB Smart Key
- Pro Tools LE software
- Mounting brackets for trackball and video monitor (trackball and monitor sold separately)
- All necessary cables, accessories, and documentation
- Protective dust cover
- Optional: Expand the output with an optional AO16 Analog Output Card, AT16 A-Net Output Card, or XO16 Output Card
* Video monitor, USB keyboard, USB trackball/mouse, and console lights sold separately.
All VENUE systems come with a collection of useful sound-processing and utility plug-ins preinstalled to enhance and perfect your mixes. In addition, SC48 ships with a preauthorized iLok USB Smart Key and the VENUE SC48 plug-in bundle, which includes over $4,000 (USD) worth of additional high-quality plug-ins to inspire your creativity.
- BF76 solid-state compression emulation
- Dynamics III suite (Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, and De-Esser)
- D-Verb™ reverb and ambience processing
- EQ III (1-, 4-, and 7-band parametric EQ)
- Mod Delay II variable delay processing
- Pitch transposing and correction tool
- Signal Generator audio test tones utility
- SignalTools PhaseScope multichannel metering and analysis tool
- TimeAdjuster delay compensation, gain compensation, and phase inversion
- Trim audio signal attenuator
VENUE SC48 Plug-in Bundle:
- Eleven™ hyper-realistic guitar amp emulation
- Reel Tape™ Suite analog tape emulation
- Reverb One™ world-class reverb processing
- ReVibe® room-modeling reverb
- Smack!™ fool-proof compressor and limiter
- TL Aggro™ vintage analog compression emulation
We've been buying, selling and restoring the world’s best consoles since 1993
Shopping for a recording console can be an intimidating process. You can spend countless hours online searching for answers only to end up with more questions than when you started. That's why we’ve created our one-of-a-kind shopping experience to help you purchase the console that is exactly right for you and your studio.
Finding the perfect console means being connected, and for over 20 years, we’ve been one of the biggest players in the worldwide audio marketplace. We’ve helped thousands of customers complete the console buying process, while also helping to facilitate brokered sales, gear trade-ins and purchasing classic desks for refurbishment.
Each of our premium serviced consoles has passed through a rigorous multi-point inspection and meticulous testing to ensure the result is a world-class restoration. Upon completion, your console will be expertly crated and shipped to your studio, where our highly skilled technical experts can lead a worry-free integration.
No matter whether you’re interested in a vintage piece or the latest releases, our team of experts can answer even the toughest questions. From servicing and shipping consoles to creating custom furniture, patch bays and turnkey packages, we’ve been involved in every aspect of the industry. We work tirelessly to provide the best selection, service and support anywhere to help our customers find the console of their dreams. Want to see what we can do for you? Talk to one of our console experts by calling 888.653.1184 or you can email us.
|Analog or Digital||Digital|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Avid Venue SC48.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields