Avantone CV-12 Mutli-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone
The Avantone CV-12 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character, and performance can be compared directly to some of the very finest vintage tube vocal mics but at a fraction of their cost! The rugged microphone body and capsule assembly are made from precision machined brass.
Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. The CV-12 in its normal stock version uses high-grade metal Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. Any studio can proudly offer the CV-12 as a primary vocal mic: it exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity, and rugged reliability. The versatile CV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character. The included Custom Retro shock mount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- Nine pattern tube microphone with dual 32 mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF metal roll off toggle switches
- Hand selected Russian made 6072A Tube
- Each CV-12 mic & wooden mic box has a serial number
- Output impedance: <=250 Ohms/transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL :136 dB (0.5% THD @1000 Hz) 146 dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level: <17 dB
- S/N ratio: 78 dB
- Sensitivity: -35 dB
- Output connector: male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Included accessories: Padded wooden box, shock mount, metal road case
- Tube type: 6072A
- High-pass switch 80 Hz dB/octave switch
- Attenuation switch -10 dB switch
- Finish: Polished nickel trim/metallic cabernet red body
- Weight: 0.8 kgs/1.8 lb
- Dimensions: 237 mm x 46 mm/9.5" x 1.8"
|Package Contents||PSU, PSU cable, shock mount, case, mic box, elastic bands, owners manual|
|Unit Weight||1.8 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||≤ 250 Ohms, transformer isolated|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3dB|
|Sensitivity||-35 dBV/Pa (17.8 mV)|
|Max. SPL||136 dB; 146 dB with pad (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz)|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Avantone CV-12 Mutli-Pattern Tube Condenser Microphone becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.