The Avantone Active MixCubes™
are designed to be high resolution, full-range powered mini-reference monitors for fixed or remote locations.
The secondary engineering facet was to create a timeless design that compliments a single full range transducer.
Studios primarily use 2-way & 3-way large monitors designed to
represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels.
However …… in the newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there
is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back
over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios,
computers, car stereos, ipod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to
reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by
crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is
always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This
is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly
More than twelve months of R&D, comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes™.
The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from those old
familiar 5C Sound Cubes™ engineers were so fond of in the 1980’s-1990’s.
Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes™ have a smoother midrange, more
accurate, transparent top end response with extended bass while
maintaining the basic characteristics of those original little cubes
- Constructed of non-layered, high rigidity MDF board due to its natural low-resonance characteristics.
- All cabinet edges are radiused.
- Elegant Polyurethane high gloss “Butter-Cream” finish
- 7mm thick neoprene pad embedded into the base of the cabinet serves as a skid-resistant acoustic isolator.
- For creative mounting situations, we recessed an industry standard 5/8”-27 mic stand mount into the base.
- System Type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Driver Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1%THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amplifier Type: Class A/B
- Amplifier Power: 60 watts RMS@ .005% THD (1KHz)
- Amp Frequency Response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Cabinet: Sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7 lb 5 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2"