Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Open-Back Headphones
Together with the ATH-M70x, the Audio-Technica ATH-R70x stands as a flagship model in A-T’s lineup of professional studio headphones. Featuring specially designed drivers and acoustically transparent housings fashioned from aluminum honeycomb mesh, these headphones provide an accurate and natural open-back sound. They also incorporate a new, improved design of our popular 3D wing support system to provide even greater comfort during the prolonged use often required in professional settings. Robust yet lightweight, and equipped with a unique, dual-sided detachable cable that automatically maintains proper stereo orientation (no matter how it’s attached), the R70x headphones are built for lasting comfort, convenience and audio purity.
- High-efficiency magnets and pure alloy magnetic circuit design reduce distortion and ensure accurate and extended high-frequency response
- Carbon composite resin improves structural rigidity to provide a detailed transient response
- Acoustically transparent, aluminum honeycomb-mesh housings provide a natural and spacious open-back sound
- Breathable fabric earpads and improved wing support provide long-wearing comfort
- Feather-light weight (approx. 210 g w/o cable) and robust construction make headphones perfectly suited for professional use
- Unique, dual-sided detachable locking cable is L/R signal independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation
|Package Contents||Carrying case, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter|
|Frequency Range||15 Hz - 22 kHz|
|Max. SPL||99 dB|
I did a pretty detailed shoot-out of eleven headphones costing less than $2000 -- including several of the latest planar magnetic designs -- (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/a-tale-of-10-cans.928530/) and ended up keeping these relatively modest, pretty inexpensive cans as my day-to-day working pair. Their biggest problem is that they're so light and transparent that I keep getting up and walking around the room with them on. I also never get to use my fancy SonarWorks correction EQ, since they're flat out of the box and require no correction.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Open-Back Headphones.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields