Audio-Technica AT4080 Bi-Directional Ribbon Microphone
Phantom-powered bidirectional ribbon microphone with a smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
The groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, The handcrafted Audio-Technica AT4080 Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Utilizing six new patents*, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 rare earth magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
|Package Contents||AT4080, shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, microphone dust cover, and protective carrying case|
|Unit Weight||1.04 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 18 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-39 dBV/Pa (11.2 mV)|
|Max. SPL||150 dB (1% THD @ 1 kHz)|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Audio-Technica AT4080 Bi-Directional Ribbon Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields