ATC Loudspeakers SCM20ASL Pro MK2 2-Way Active Monitor - Pair
The ATC SCM20PSL Pro is a active two-way studio monitor that combines outstanding bass response and dynamic range in a compact package. Equipped with a groundbreaking 6.5-inch Super Linear mid/bass driver, a 1-inch dual-suspension S-spec tweeter and an all-discrete MOSFET class A/B amplifier, SCM20ASL monitors deliver balanced, neutral sound with astonishgly low distortion.
The ATC SCM20ASL Pro features a 1-inch soft dome S-spec tweeter with an innovative dual suspension design for pristine high-end. S-spec tweeters combine an exceptionally powerful motor assembly with a lightweight coil former for an extended frequency range up to 25 kHz. Unlike conventional tweeters, S-spec tweeters offer far greater control of the voice coil and dome motion—especially at higher sound pressure levels. By reducing internal distortion, S-spec tweeters deliver improved clarity and definition, and significantly reduce listener fatigue. And with zero ferro fluid, these tweeters are guaranteed to last a lifetime.
SUPER LINEAR DRIVER
ATC SCM20ASL Pro studio monitors are equipped with a state-of-the-art 6.5-inch Super Linear mid/bass driver for tight, powerful low end. With a unique underhung voice coil design, Super Linear drivers produce extremely low distortion, even at high SPLs. SCM20PSL Pro studio monitors feature a 150mm bass cone with a grafted 75 mm soft dome to for an extremely wide dynamic range, making them an excellent choice for post production projects.
ATC SCM20ASL Pro studio monitors use an innovative bi-amplified design to provide 300 total watts of power for crystal-clear distortion-free sound. With 250W powering the Super Linear mid/bass driver and an additional 50W for the S-spec tweeter, SCM20ASL Pro studio monitors offer impressive headroom and class-leading transparency at any volume level.
- Drivers: LF 6.5”/150 mm Super Linear, HF 1”/25 mm Dual-Suspension ‘S-Spec’ Tweeter
- Amplitude linearity: 80 Hz – 20 kHz (±2 dB)
- Cut-off frequencies: 55 Hz – 25 kHz (-6 dB freestanding)
- Dispersion: ±80° coherent horizontal, ±10° coherent vertical
- Maximum continuous: SPL 108 dB (per pair @ 1 m)
- Audio input: Rear panel mounted female XLR (pin 2 +ve)
- Input sensitivity: 1 V/2 V RMS or +2.2/+8.2 dBu via switch (ref. bass full output)
- Input sensitivity trim: 0 dB to -6 dB (via rear panel pot)
- Total input sensitivity range: 1 V/+2.2 dBu to 4 V/+14.2 dBu
- Input impedance: 10 kΩ per leg
- Amplifier output power: Bass 200 W continuous, HF 50 W continuous (1% THD)
- Crossover frequency: 2.1 kHz
- Crossover filters: 2nd order/12 dB/oct critically damped with phase compensation
- Low frequency shelf cut/boost: 80 Hz, -2 dB to +3 dB in 1 dB steps (via rear panel rotary switch)
- Overload protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction (inc. front panel mounted ‘limit’ LED)
- Amplifier thermal trip circuit
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD) : 450 x 250 x 392 mm (17.7″ x 8.8″ x 15.4″)
- Weight: 28 kg/61.6 lb (per cabinet)
|Unit Weight||61.6 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|driver_sizes||LF: 6.5” super linear / HF: 1” dual-suspension ‘S-spec’|
|Number of Speakers||Pair|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||Bass: 200 W RMS / HF: 50 W RMS (1%THD)|
|Impedance||Input: >10 kOhms balanced|
|Frequency Range||55 Hz - 25 kHz|
|Max. SPL||108 dB @ 1 m|
Navon from VK has been a wealth of knowledge. Very pleased. Tim
These things sound pro. Not sure how else to describe it. Flat as a pancake and revealing in the mid range. My mixes are playing real nice in the car! Just realize that they lack sub bass extension which isn't a major deal for most genre's. There are bass limitations with the cone size and closed port design but there are benefits to that as well.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the ATC Loudspeakers SCM20ASL Pro MK2 2-Way Active Monitor - Pair.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields