Arturia SEM-Filter - Electronic Delivery
Combining simplicity with pure tone-shaping power, the Arturia SEM-Filter is a futuristic twist on a classic synth filter. Renowned for its pioneering technology in the 70s, Arturia paid tribute not only to its sound but also the SEM’s reputation as a trailblazer. Using the meticulous modeling techniques, and by adding exciting new features, they have created a true modern classic audio filter.
No longer confined to a synthesizer, you can now use the era-defining filter tone of Tom Oberheim’s cult synth module on any audio source you wish. Process acoustic instruments in your DAW, shape vocals, perform sweeps on your whole mix, create builds, rises, and drops, even use it to improve a soft-synths stock filter.
SEM-Filter is a must-have creative tool for any modern musician.
Simple, but stunningly effective
The original SEM, or Synthesizer Expander Module, was one of the world’s first all-in-one synth packages. Created to expand the capabilities of other synths, it could serve many purposes. Adding polyphony, fattening up their sound, and performing sequences in a supporting role to a main synth were all familiar roles for SEM.
One of the most remarkable modules on the SEM was its VCF. The 12 dB per octave multi-mode filter helped define the sonic identity of Oberheim’s popular 70s synth, because it shaped a diverse range of sounds that were almost impossible to get on other synthesizers. SEM-Filter not only carefully models the crossfadable modes of the filter - low-pass, high-pass, notch and band-pass, but also expands its functionality and features to create a great-sounding, versatile filter plug-in that you’ll want to use on every track you create.
Vintage tone combined with powerful contemporary features
Bringing that inimitable SEM filter tone back to life is a miracle in itself, but Arturia wanted to push the envelope. Pun intended.
Able to bring another dimension to whatever audio source you choose, the story of the reworked SEM architecture started in 2012, when Arturia released SEM V; their analog modeled, virtual emulation of the classic. Through component analysis and the advanced techniques of TAE technology, they were able to reproduce not only the filter, but every aspect of the original instrument in software. A hit as part of the V Collection, Arturia couldn’t help but wonder what SEM’s filter would be capable of as a standalone plug-in.
Once they isolated its VCF, they added some contemporary functionality that launch this iconic filter straight into the 21st century. Every aspect of SEM-Filter, including all of the modern additions, are all controllable via MIDI CC, so should your DAW allow it, you’ll be able to control and perform using SEM-Filter in your live sets, too! Speaking of the additions, let’s take a look at what has been added to this cult synth icon:
- Noise Oscillator: The effect of any filter becomes more dramatic when you add noise, so Arturia included a noise oscillator to let you add as little or as much as you like to your signal.
- Soft clipping: The original SEM circuitry could be driven into saturation with the right settings, and we’ve made the process even easier. Turn soft clipping on, and push the input gain, and you’ll get some sweet analog saturation.
- Gate sequencer & mod sources: The new, easy to program gate sequencer lets you trigger or retrigger the envelope and LFO mod sources. This can be used to create vibrant, animated filter sequences, or subtle, undulating effects.
- Simple Mod Matrix: To add a little bit of creative versatility to SEM-Filter, Arturia included a concise modulation matrix, letting you get creative and explore sound design potential never possible with the original.
Load up your DAW with plug-ins you’ll actually use
Declutter your plug-in library, speed up your selection process, and improve your workflow. Arturia's selection of superb plug-ins bring you the sound-shaping power of history’s finest music gear into your digital studio, letting you enjoy half a century of inspirational analog effects in a modern, digital, creative environment.
Arturia software plug-ins also have outstanding compatibility, and are available in VST, AU, and AAX formats so no matter your DAW of choice, you’ll be able to enjoy awesome Arturia sound-shaping.
- Virtual recreation of the classic 12 dB/oct state variable SEM filter: Mode, cutoff frequency and resonance controls, Dry/Wet setting, and Filter output volume setting
- Additional noise oscillator for feeding the filter with rich spectral content
- Soft clipping circuit modeling
- Attack / Hold / Decay envelope
- Low Frequency oscillator with 5 waveforms + Sample and Hold mode, can be synchronized with DAW’s clock, smooth parameter
- Gate sequencer with program trigs / retrigs for the envelope and LFO to create rhythmic content, up to 16 steps, can be synchronized with DAW’s clock
- Modulation matrix with envelope and LFO as sources and 8 destinations for extended sonic possibilities
- 40 presets from top sound designers
- State-of-the-art TAE analog modeling
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, AU, VST, VST3|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Arturia SEM-Filter - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields