Arturia Keystep 32-Key
Arturia KeyStep is a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices.
Arturia started by designing their own “slim key” keyboard action, balancing the best features of compact mini-keys with the musicality of full-sized keys into this new keybed. The size, velocity and aftertouch of this new design provide the freedom of portability without sacrificing playability.
they also designed a new polyphonic step-sequencer with 8 programmable memories that you can recall at the turn of knob. You can choose gate times and swing settings instantly to change the feel of your sequenced performance on the fly. You also have the ability to record, overdub, and transpose your sequences in real time and still play the keyboard live.
Add a flexible and fun arpeggiator mode and chord play mode and you are set for hours of musical adventures.
These features alone would make KeyStep the best portable keyboard controller on the market. But Arturia takes it further by giving you a wealth of connectivity options: USB MIDI (of course), standard MIDI in and out (check), clock sync and DIN sync jacks (yes!), and CV/GATE outputs, plus a separate, assignable modulation CV output that can be used with the mod wheel, velocity or aftertouch. To say KeyStep is an amazing little controller does not say enough.
Whatever your setup, KeyStep will merge into it to overdrive your workflow and effectiveness. With KeyStep and its range of connections you can control any digital or analog synthesizer from the past, today and even tomorrow. Sequence them all!
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode:
- Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode:
- 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo:
- REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection:
- MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports:
- Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ, 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
- Sync select switches:
- Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/GATE outputs:
- CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
They Keystep is a super handy lil controller that is as easy to use as it is cute!
Great build. Keys feel good, and arp/sequencer is a great feature. It’s simple with the beauty of no mapping software to keep up-to-date, or become obsolete.
thank you arturia
Very functional midi/CV keyboard. Good size, simple layout. Arp/sequencer are useful. Only complaint is the quality of the keys and how they're set could be nicer. Would recommend overall.
Does arp and sequencing exactly like I wanted it to and at this size I can throw it in the pocket of my synth's gig bag. Setting the sync settings is easy via the dipswitches and the pitch/mod strips are more responsive than I would expect. Watch out when doing a shift-key modifier move, however, so that you dont accidentally hit the keyboard and change the swing setting or whatever.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Arturia Keystep 32-Key.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields