Applied Acoustics Lounge Lizard EP-4 - Electronic Delivery
Applied Acoustics Lounge Lizard EP-4 is a software electric piano based on the classic instruments of the seventies (Rhodes, Wurlitzer). Each component of these instruments has been modeled with AAS cutting edge physical modeling technology to provide realistic and lively sounds. Physical modeling uses the laws of physics to reproduce the behavior of an object. In other words, the Lounge Lizard EP solves, in real time, mathematical equations describing how its different components function. No sampling or wavetables are used in the Lounge Lizard EP, the sound is simply calculated in real time by the CPU according to the values each parameter is receiving. The Lounge Lizard EP is more than a simple recreation of vintage instruments, its parameters can be tweaked to values not possible with the real instruments to get some truly amazing new sounds that still retain a warm acoustic quality.
Over 240 inspiring presets covering the Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds popularized by legends, custom electric pianos, classic track sounds, and wild experimentation. The factory library covers about every electric piano need and more.
Direct access to key effect and piano parameters to perfectly match the tone to your performance. Play your piano through different cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder signal paths typically used with electric pianos.
Hammer, tone, tine, pickup—Lounge Lizard is built around the modeling of real piano components. Custom pianos can be created with just a few tweaks, a job that took hours of painstaking work on real-life instruments. The factory library is filled with carefully designed pianos but you will have fun servicing your own.
The Effects panel wraps up Lounge Lizard EP-4 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools at your hands to match a classic track sound, create custom tones, or simply go wild.
Famous players all had their own signature sound. This was achieved by tedious manual adjustments of forks, hammers and pickups. Whether you are looking to emulate a particular sound or simply find your own, you have direct access to all piano components.
Control the attack with the hammer. Adjust the force of the impact, the stiffness of the hammer and the noise it makes. Modulate these across the whole keyboard range or depending on the MIDI velocity.
A sweet sound is produced when the hammer hits the fork. Control the tone and its envelope by selecting material and natural decay of the tone and tine bars forming the fork.
Like in an electric guitar, a pickup near the fork captures its vibration. Adjust the pickup position and control distortion. Get a warm smooth tone or make your piano growl or bark.
Control how dampers are raised from or applied on the fork and make the attack and release of a note clean or noisy.
Adjust the tremolo to perfection. Use a triangle shape for a smooth effect or a soft square wave to obtain a chopped effect typical of suitcase pianos.
Beyond electric piano
Weather it is through the use of strange effect combinations or setting the piano parameters to extreme values, Lounge Lizard can really become a wild beast. It retains the playability of a keyboard instrument but sounds beyond anything you have heard from an electric piano before.
The electric piano has marked the history or rock and jazz. The factory library showcases many presets designed around effects typically with pianos and reproducing the distinctive sound of classic tracks.
- Library: The completely renewed factory library features the classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as over 240 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor
- Compressor and equalizer: These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage
- Character control: The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations—that's the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano's output—to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track
- Streamlined interface: Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties
- Limiter: The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano's physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics
- Bank and program manager: Lounge Lizard EP-4's new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds
- Overhauled effects: Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files: Lounge Lizard EP-4 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making
- Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins: Lounge Lizard EP-4 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Virtual Instrument Type||Pianos and Keyboards|
|Plug-In Format||AAX Native, RTAS, AU, VST, Standalone|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Applied Acoustics Lounge Lizard EP-4 - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields