Apogee Symphony I/O Chassis – No Longer Available
Symphony I/O builds upon the award-winning design approaches of Apogee’s X-Series* and Rosetta Series converters*, the Big Ben master clock and the Trak2 mic preamps. It also refines and updates these proven designs with fewer but more advanced components while optimizing their performance with efficient power distribution. These enhancements allow audio to travel through less circuitry, offering lower converter latency, more accurate clocking and even more transparency and clarity in your recordings.
*As of July 2010, Symphony I/O will replace AD-16X, DA-16X and Rosetta 800
Apogee Symphony I/O Overview
- Best sounding Apogee interface ever with updated and optimized circuitry
- Audio Interface Mode (AIM): Easily configure Symphony I/O for these modes:
- Symphony (connect to Symphony PCIe card or Symphony Mobile Express/34 card for ultra low latency use with Logic or any Core Audio application)
- Pro Tools HD (connect directly to Pro Tools PCIe card)
- USB (connect to high-speed USB 2.0 port)
- StandAlone (I/O inputs routed directly to I/O outputs)
- Total I/O flexibility and scalability with five available Modules including an eight analog I/O with optical and eight channel mic preamp module
- Up to 32 channels of simultaneous analog and digital I/O per unit
- Future-proof modular architecture
- PCI, USB and ethernet connectivity for emerging formats
- Best cost per channel value of any high-end audio interface available
Analog design, the cornerstone of Apogee quality
Apogee's engineers do not merely rely on specs and data sheets when selecting converter components, they listen. Each component is auditioned and carefully selected to best reflect the characteristics of the Apogee sound. Symphony I/O’s audio path design is elegant and efficient, incorporating the most advanced opamps that offer better performance than multiple parts used in previous designs.
This design improvement minimizes the audio path circuitry and maximizes sound quality. And in the tradition of the X-Series and Rosetta series, the entire audio path is DC coupled, resulting in ultra flat frequency response and extremely low phase error.
Total Flexibility: Symphony I/O is built to grow with your studio
Symphony I/O is an audio hardware platform, designed to deliver the most advanced recording technology available and the flexibility, scalability, and longevity required to power the modern studio. Modular I/O design, total software control, and direct connection to all popular DAWs make Symphony I/O a long-term sound investment.
What makes Symphony I/O a great choice for your studio now and for years to come:
- Flexible design architecture with a base unit and two I/O module slots
- Up to 32 channels of I/O per unit
- Future proof connectivity with PCI, USB, Ethernet and all popular digital formats
- Compatibility with Logic, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools LE and any Core Audio driven application
- Total software control of Symphony I/O with Maestro
AIM for Complete Compatibility
With a simple adjustment using the front panel encoder knobs, AIM transforms Symphony I/O into an interface optimized for the mode that’s been selected.
- Symphony PCI
- Pro Tools HD PCI
- USB Audio
Symphony I/O’s Audio Interface Modes (AIM)
With a two-step adjustment using a single front panel encoder knob, AIM transforms Symphony I/O into an interface optimized for the most popular audio workstation environments. This feature allows users of Logic and Pro Tools HD for example, to easily switch back and forth between the two DAWs with the click of a knob and swap of a cable. If USB is your preferred mode, connecting to Core Audio compatible apps like Digital Performer and Cubase is just as easy. And StandAlone mode calibrates Symphony I/O for simple and direct routing ideal for a variety of uses and applications including Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered.
Move between Symphony/Logic and Pro Tools HD on one workstation with ease and without compromise
Step up to a world that embraces Logic, Mac Based workstations and Pro Tools HD. Whatever platform you choose to work with the audio quality will Sound Amazing.
The Symphony I/O PC-32 connector connects directly to a Symphony 64 card or a Pro Tools HD card. When using Logic Audio Mac Based System, latency is below 1.6ms (in the real world that’d the time it takes a sound wave to travel a few 4 inches from the speaker cone to your ear)
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Apogee Symphony I/O Chassis becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.